1990 Lavoie Titanium made by Maurice Lavoie

Awesome story, great find and a lot of raw resto potential in that rare piece of titanium art. If it were mine, couldn't wait to get it in to pieces and starting the always so sweet (and slow) resto work! :)

Re:

Saw this just now on FB, fantastic story and beautiful bike you have there! Getting the images onto retrobike is always a bit of a labour of love, worth it though!

Re: Re:

rollercam":3d8so5v7 said:
I can't remember where i got them :roll:

Amazing pictures! Thanks for uploading them! Yours is a bit different to mine in the the headtube is smaller and internal cabling. Do you remember what the head tube badge looked like if it had one?

The serial number is laid out differently too, I wonder why mine has 3 zeros in front of the number and yours doesn't?

I have some RM17 with XT m730 hubs and Nobby Nic rubber sitting spare. The wheels are the right ere pretty much and a nice grey too so sort of matches the frame. Not sure wether to go period tyres or new, probably period. Defo not doing the skinny tyre/road bike thing. I'm going to ride it home from my studio today to see how it feels. Then rebuild slowly from next week:)

Attachments

• IMG_3128.jpg
    IMG_3128.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 338
Re:

Rare and cool bike…
If I remember and if I'm not wrong : did Lavoie make the first GT Xizang frame and the really first prometheus ?

Re: Re:

markjohnson76":1sbrwcgg said:
I also removed the red seat quick release. Are they ringle or copies?

If they are original Mark, they would fetch the same as you paid for the whole bike.

And on the way home, during your maiden voyage, remember if you really dont like it, i have a handsome profit waiting here for you. ;)

Latest posts

Back