1990 Kona Titanium - FINISHED PAGE 13

Re: 1990 Kona Titanium - Merlin Mountain content

Really looking forward to seeing this come to life mate it's going to be a mint looking Kona and i'll let you off with splitting the forks saying there for a brilliant build ;) :LOL:

Raidan,

Alas I have drawn a blank, I have the original catalogue, but not one picture, the image from the original catalogue is a bit hit and miss as im sure you have seen as it shows only the side. my guess it was Tbg, but as I cant be sure.

I have rung my father and asked him to speak to Richard on our behalf to see if he has memory of it either way.

Im sorry I cant be of any more use at the moment... :oops: But will keep you posted when I hear back.

sinnerman":1ot1xxf4 said:
Raidan,

Alas I have drawn a blank, I have the original catalogue, but not one picture, the image from the original catalogue is a bit hit and miss as im sure you have seen as it shows only the side. my guess it was Tbg, but as I cant be sure.

I have rung my father and asked him to speak to Richard on our behalf to see if he has memory of it either way.

Im sorry I cant be of any more use at the moment... :oops: But will keep you posted when I hear back.

Thanks for checking anyway Carl. If you do find out anything then I'd be grateful anyway :D

I collected the forks this afternoon after having the threads extended down the steerer. I breathed a sigh of relief to see that everything had gone smoothly - I'd hate to try and find another set of Track 2's. Headset's been fitted with new bearings and some fresh grease.

ar6j.jpg

2fx7.jpg

uqmf.jpg

r5yj.jpg

hfjg.jpg

je me souviens":1b8cqy7f said:
I'm taking a seat to! Looong time I haven't seen this!!!
Still with the appetizers, definitely waiting for how the main course is gonna be prepared.
Just drooling

Great find

Did you raced on such a frame when you rode for Kona ?
:D

What size is your frame ?
Seems to be small

Registering for update's, this is gonna be something special for sure!! :cool:

Are you gonna unveil the frame to the public mate or just keep it shrouded in mystery? ;)

Canuck":1593jo18 said:
Registering for update's, this is gonna be something special for sure!! :cool:

Are you gonna unveil the frame to the public mate or just keep it shrouded in mystery? ;)

:LOL:

I'm just trying to find the time/daylight to make the best of my poor photography skills

My frame did not have the merlin stickers but had the same dropouts and noodle rear brake cable guide. It was a 16" I do not remember a smaller frame at the time.

Mine had a different paint scheme added to it but this one is one of not many if not one of a kind with the merlin/kona deco. I have seen only one like this before.

The only choice at the time from Somerville was the rear u brake emplacement on that size, they did not want to build one with canti studs for the heel clearance… so I waited 6 months then it was possible!

I miss this frame real bad, wore a very lucky person, I'm drooling for this build! ;)

Back