1990 Kona Explosif - Finished! see Page 4

Re: Re:

jonnymcenroe":vq2abuu0 said:
:shock:
looks ace!
➡️

Cheers! I agree :D

Because the frame has plenty of patina (there’s even a small dent on the underside of the downtube), my plan was that I would build this with suitably ‘aged’ components, but in reality I struggled to find parts in well used condition - the bullet shifters and hubs for instance are/were NOS. Still I think it’s worked out alright ;)

Re:

Just when I thought the build was finished, an elusive part became available, was purchased, and is now ready for fitting :cool:
20D5A534-BCF6-4F4A-A4D7-789FFEBEC0C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

That's wicked is that! Very nice indeed! Exactly the sort of bike that I lusted after as a teen. Lovely work

Nice! Get them fitted and get it in BotM :)

I wasn't sure how it would turn out with Campag, but i have to admit, it is stunning. It really suits it and the little touches, like the tyre logos, really add to the overall look.

Very nice :cool:

Re:

Really lovely. Congratulations! I agree, also had doubts about Campag, but has really turned out well.

Lovely to see it all together.

Lovely build, those early splatter Konas look so good.

I always picture high end konas of that period being kitted out with Suntour but that Campag goes so well on it.

Bikes with patina imo are the best...no worries taking them out for a good thrashing!

Back