1990 Brodie Sovereign

Re:

funny idea with the fork. i like that patina workhorse look.
great job as usual Adrian

Re: Re:

Coleman":b1wmemim said:
Class :cool:

EDIT - I think I have some XCD thumbies - will PM you.

Thanks Adrian, I'll PM you shortly :)

jimi911":b1wmemim said:

Thank you sir :)

tedhodson":b1wmemim said:
One of a kind, very cool. Do they sell that tape at dollar stores in the UK?

Unfortunately not Ted, I bought it from eBay.com and it cost a bit more than a dollar :LOL:

BoyBurning":b1wmemim said:
That's soooo nice!

You should bring it to ICONOCLASSIC to join the other Brodies which will be in attendance...!

I hope to make it this year Tom and if so then I'll bring it, along with these two...

RockiMtn":b1wmemim said:
very nicely done. maybe the red at the back and black on the front?

Thanks Frank. I only have one red brake boot but have two in black. I've now got a pair of black ones fitted as I think the red might have been a bit.....well, red!

Double-E F":b1wmemim said:
That is lovely, Adrian! Really clean, pure even :D

Enjoy!
retroyetiguy":b1wmemim said:
Class bike Adrian :D .
Rod_Saetan":b1wmemim said:
Quality eh.

Thanks gents :)

wtb_rider":b1wmemim said:
funny idea with the fork. i like that patina workhorse look.
great job as usual Adrian

Thanks Kay, once you stop thinking that it should have a Gatorblade, the fork actually suits it ok I think. This will be my regularly rider so the patina is no problem and the parts (except nos brakes) are all used but still in excellent working order. I find that when I start fitting nos parts then I'm less inclined to ride the bike the way it should be ridden!

Attachments

• Romax and Kona Ti.JPG
    Romax and Kona Ti.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 915
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

cool one Adrian.
personally, I wouldn't hide the brakes under those hoods.
brakes look nicer than the hoods do.
are all the decals outlined in gold? can we have a close up
of the downtube decal? also is downtube decal one piece
both sides?

That tape is excellent. May I ask, where did you get it from? I'd like something a bit different for the Kilauea.

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":1j3orr6s said:
cool one Adrian.
personally, I wouldn't hide the brakes under those hoods.
brakes look nicer than the hoods do.
are all the decals outlined in gold? can we have a close up
of the downtube decal? also is downtube decal one piece
both sides?

Thanks Roy, took a bit of inspiration from one of your builds :)

The decals are individual die-cut letters and yes, they're outlined in gold. You can see in the pics below that the colour has completely faded away in places. I'll try for some better pics tomorrow if you want?

al-onestare":18zc5die said:
That tape is excellent. May I ask, where did you get it from? I'd like something a bit different for the Kilauea.

It bought it from eBay. I did a quick search and this came up http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Roll-Cana ... 20d38def05

Not sure if it's the same seller I bought from but it's certainly the same product :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice job. I'd take the brake covers off - don't really add anything IMHO. The gold on the white looks really classy.

Re:

Cool beans mate. What a smasher...

Great build mate and quality parts, looks just right. Looks even better in the Cornish sunlight... :)

Back