1990/91 Muddy Fox Pathfinder (skip save)

I gave up on cutting through the crank, as it was taking ages, and I was worried about catching the wotsit. er.. spindle?

So, time for some chemistry fun! I'm hoping the caustic soda will eat around the square. A bit of time will tell..

I only drilled in a little bit before it snagged and rotated the thread, so it unscrewed. Result! :D
Oh that’s the best feeling 😊
I bought a 96 Rover 216 tomcat with a failed cambelt 20 years ago, felt well smug as they’re non interference engines only for the bottom pulley bolt to sheer off in the crank. I had the same thing happen. Result indeed

crank's off!

... and the bb came off really easily after all that hassle. whoever last serviced the bike was really liberal with the grease. :)

the frame's now ready to be powder coated, but I'm skint, so it'll have to wait until August. :(

i dug about in my parts box, and it looks like i can assemble the bike using a mix of exage 400 and 500, which is at least roughly the right level of spec, i think. it'll do to get it running.

51789899-BF34-4C44-8B52-163994CBFAD3.jpeg Love to know how your getting on, also if you can, do you know what diameter the seat shaft is? As I have a similar project, but had to cut the seat stem out and not sure of the size to replace it

no updates so far, I'm afraid. I need to get it powder coated next, but I haven't had the spare time/cash to do it.

I'll see if I can find where the seat post ended up. I suspect it's gotten pushed behind some bathroom furniture that's currently filling 80% of my shed (that also hasn't helped with progress) 😕

no updates so far, I'm afraid. I need to get it powder coated next, but I haven't had the spare time/cash to do it.

I'll see if I can find where the seat post ended up. I suspect it's gotten pushed behind some bathroom furniture that's currently filling 80% of my shed (that also hasn't helped with progress) 😕
Cheers, if you could find the seat post it would help me out massively. I measured what I salvaged of the old one at about 26.3 but someone on here has said they think old muddy fox’s are 27.2.

Cheers, if you could find the seat post it would help me out massively. I measured what I salvaged of the old one at about 26.3 but someone on here has said they think old muddy fox’s are 27.2.
I’ve got one in the garage that has a dynatec seatpost I’ll pop it out tomorrow & let you know what size it is 👍

Latest posts

Back