1989 Saracen Traverse 17.5" The Purple One SOLD

Henne

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Testing the water with this as need to reduce my hoard!
17.5" Iconic 1989 Saracen Traverse. In nice condition for its age. Has a fair amount of patina and the usual worming of the paint in places on the frame and mainly on the top tube, but only really noticeable up close. The saddle cover is torn but could be recovered. The foam is in good nick and I used another saddle when I rode it.
This has had a full strip down, a clean and regrease in 2018 and only ridden a few times since. Drive train and brakes have seen little wear and the rims have loads of life left in them.
It has had new inner cables, new bearings in the bottom bracket, new inner tubes, new tyres (amber wall) and chain. The freehub was taken off and regreased as well.
This bike rides very nice and just glides along quietly.
Pedals and sharkfin are not included in the sale but I will put on a set of exage trail period pedals that are in good nick.
When I acquired the bike it was in a state but it cleaned up really well and is a testament to the quality components of shimano and the powder coated paint.
I did replace the forks though as the originals got slightly out of shape when posted to me. This I assume must have happened in transit by the clumsy courier. I can include this too if required. I colour matched the paint and they turned out pretty good. I had the frame checked out by the LBS before I started to renovate it and they also cleaned up the threads in the bottom shell, so all is good.
I know that Saracens don't sell for lots and this one wasn't cheap to buy at the start but I am just looking to recoup my costs as much as possible as I spent in excess of a ton. I can send more pics on request by email.
Looking for £100 plus postage in the UK

Attachments

• DSC_2412_1.JPG
    DSC_2412_1.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC_2413_1.JPG
    DSC_2413_1.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC_2421.JPG
    DSC_2421.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC_2418.JPG
    DSC_2418.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC_2424.JPG
    DSC_2424.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC_2419_1.JPG
    DSC_2419_1.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC_2432.JPG
    DSC_2432.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC_2409.JPG
    DSC_2409.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 423
Re:

Yes thanks for email. I did reply but obviously didn't receive it. Please can you private message me through retrobike. Thanks.

Back