Sold 1989 Overbury’s Pioneer frame set

Sounds like a great deal to me. GLWS. My Pioneer was a wonderful rider.

That's a lot of quality for £300...and no takers? I am surprised
In it’s current state I won’t be selling it any cheaper, I’ll just hang it up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have just (within the last week) splurged a lot of flash cash on a Dave Yates expedition touring fillet brazed beauty built for 26" wheels.

Please hang the Overbury's above the fire place and do not drop the price any further to tempt me

The size probably ruled out 80% of the potential buyers on here.

It would have been snapped up within minutes had it been smaller.

This is not funny, I'm busy trying not to think much of the fillet brazed beauty, assuming SevenSola has bought it, when WHAM (not the band)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm confused...no one has sent me an offer. I do have it for sale on eBay and cheaper on here at RB mates rates.

I'm also confused, I wrote my first post, then the one from sevensola appeared, so I wrote "and do the deed quickly" meaning sell it to sevensola.

Then when I looked again it was gone, except I had received the email saying someone had commented on a post you are interested in or some such blurb and a record of it. Either a quick change of mind or sevensola hit the delete button by mistake

Hello also spotted this...and was puzzled / relieved as kinda resolved the shall I buy it dilemma I was having (had been interested ever since following the build thread & posted on here)

Spent Sunday morning carefully measuring my friends Overbury’s Pioneer, that have had the pleasure of riding...concluded that fit of this one for sale was marginally too big on standover for me to be confident / comfortable...it could of worked as fit / geometry is a very personal thing + depends on style if riding / terrain too. Anyhow bit of a ramble...and hopefully it will find a good home in due course. It is a brilliant framset in a beautiful ready to roll state! GLWS !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back