1989 Merlin titanium #721

Ah I see, good choice to make use of this spare fork. Hope my powder coater can match the nice color, otherwise it will be wet paint as I´m really loving the combination.
I was dead set on a black chrome fork for mine, but as soon as I saw the green the b/w look went out the window. It´s just enough color to not distract from the Ti frame.

Dr Dremel":2sj9knn8 said:
Ah I see, good choice to make use of this spare fork. Hope my powder coater can match the nice color, otherwise it will be wet paint as I´m really loving the combination.
I was dead set on a black chrome fork for mine, but as soon as I saw the green the b/w look went out the window. It´s just enough color to not distract from the Ti frame.

I think this bike needs some colors, at least some subtle colors. Remember that the first titanium mtb came with a yellow fork :) That 1986 Fat Chance Titanium is so super rad!

I would change nothing! It's amazing. I'll be interested to hear how you like the geometry of the Koski fork with the rigidity of the frame.

Re:

Absolutely stunning bike !!!

Do you know the difference between the Salsa / Merlin and Merlin handlebars ?

You have a very nice collection of bikes.

Re: Re:

Thanks!

mojo ti":2l43tz31 said:
Do you know the difference between the Salsa / Merlin and Merlin handlebars ?

As far as I know - decals. They look very similar and Merlin have a history of re-badging their products for other makers (e.g. Kona Merlin 1990)

Back