1989 Merlin Mtn Titanium with Full WTB and "Rubber Fork"

A truly extraordinary machine and backstory.
The only thing I’d change is to fit grips to match the saddle....talking of which I believe you have the standard Electa, the Ti model has further debossing of the leather to denote it.

Attachments

• 4C7CD633-7C87-4537-B2C5-BE43007BDAD2.jpeg
    4C7CD633-7C87-4537-B2C5-BE43007BDAD2.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 894F9012-6761-4E35-A181-085205673738.jpeg
    894F9012-6761-4E35-A181-085205673738.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 116
Re:

I have seen those embossed ones. Mines definitely titanium ... well according to the magnet. They were made for a few years. Maybe they went with the embossing after the titanium craze really kicked in.

Brown grips are tricky to find. Tried a rubber pair I had, but it looked weird with the black controls. Ok from the side, but it annoyed me. I bought a set of brooks slenders as well, but the silver on the side, brown in the middle, and overall look didn't work for me either.

Jim, you are working on a whole other level! Great collection of rare parts, pulled together into a unified and appealing vision.

Time to pick our collective game(s) up people! The ante has been raised once again.
Hello- sorry but this is only way I could figure to contact you- a while back you posted looking for info on canti brake bosses for an older (yellow)
Litespeed- wondering if you ever found them and where. I am having same issue with an obed but they look the same- the standard m10 you see around looks identical but thread is different-
Any help you can provide would be much appreciated- going nuts and litespeed no help at all! Thanks!

Hello- sorry but this is only way I could figure to contact you- a while back you posted looking for info on canti brake bosses for an older (yellow)
Litespeed- wondering if you ever found them and where. I am having same issue with an obed but they look the same- the standard m10 you see around looks identical but thread is different-
Any help you can provide would be much appreciated- going nuts and litespeed no help at all! Thanks!
Sorry my question was directed to

shamobius

Wow! That is beautiful. I really like some of the details, that campy saddle must worth a penny or two. One part that really jumps out to me is the RD-7400. I picked up a very scratched 7402 for $20 last year and polished up nice, using it on a 93' C'dale M800 right now, I'm guessing you made a cable anchor trick? Or are you just going friction?

Wow! That is beautiful. I really like some of the details, that campy saddle must worth a penny or two. One part that really jumps out to me is the RD-7400. I picked up a very scratched 7402 for $20 last year and polished up nice, using it on a 93' C'dale M800 right now, I'm guessing you made a cable anchor trick? Or are you just going friction?
I just run friction ... I pretty much do that on all my thumbies.

Very nice build. Lovely fork, I woul love to find one one day. How does it ride with the “fixed” steerer?

It’s a touring bike. I ride it in a place called Tommy Thompson park in Toronto. Basically gravel and below blue level single track. I am sure it can handle a bit more, but it’s not a bike I hammer. I will say it’s waaaaaay better than the all Ti Dean I had which was absolute spaghetti. The steel stem helps and I think the fork is actually stiffer.

It gets a ton of comments on the trail and the usual... I’ll give a $1k for that! Haha

Back