1989 Merlin Mtn Titanium with Full WTB and "Rubber Fork"

Re: Saddle

Lovely.

Never seen that Campagnolo saddle before. I wonder if that's their own take on a San Marco Rolls ?

Hope it rides as good as it looks.

wtb_rider":2wdrjp6g said:
Nice bike, neat part selection.

Springs of the WTB Cam are reversed. Might be because of the tire clearance.
Just in case you did not know it.

All the best
Kay

Yeah ... I had no idea. Tried to flip them back when someone else told me and the 2.35s wouldn't fit. I have a set of 2.1 reds as well. Might try those. I had planned to use terra ones for the first few rides until I got the setup right, but they'll likely have clearance issues as well.

PeterPerfect":2ncgxwev said:
Lovely.

Never seen that Campagnolo saddle before. I wonder if that's their own take on a San Marco Rolls ?

They are a fancy ti one Campy had for a bit in their catalog. There's actually an air bladder in them and you can inflate them to fit better. Usually more of a roadie saddle, but the fit is very much like a Avocet, Rolls, or Turbo.

jimi911":1s8g0alw said:
PeterPerfect":1s8g0alw said:
Lovely.

They are a fancy ti one Campy had for a bit in their catalog. There's actually an air bladder in them and you can inflate them to fit better. Usually more of a roadie saddle, but the fit is very much like a Avocet, Rolls, or Turbo.

Thanks for the info.

Imagine that's a Unicorn these days.

Re:

Perhaps one the best looking bikes I've ever seen...

Something, everything about this is just perfect.

Re:

Here’s something unexpected that appeared in my Instagram message box. Never had someone like a bike I’ve made so much they painted it ... well prob won’t again lol. Here’s a first. I think they did a pretty good job!

Jim, you are working on a whole other level! Great collection of rare parts, pulled together into a unified and appealing vision.

Time to pick our collective game(s) up people! The ante has been raised once again.

Re:

shamobius":175dp90i said:
Jim, you are working on a whole other level! Great collection of rare parts, pulled together into a unified and appealing vision.

Time to pick our collective game(s) up people! The ante has been raised once again.

Thanks Shamus! Lots of quality builds out there to get inspiration from :)

wtb_rider":175dp90i said:
Wasn‘t anyine fancy this saddle?
Here you go.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... ialbuttons

Haha ... I saw some of those as well. Luckily the ebay seller I got my saddle from was selling a "Campy Eclectic Saddle". I do love ebay auto-correct :)

Like I said ... lots of luck with this one. If I had to build it for real $$$ it would have cost me a fortune. As it happened, it was reasonably inexpensive compared to many of my other builds. Makes me like it even more! I do love a deal ;)

Back