1989 (i think) Muddy Fox Seeker! the prodigal bike returns!

ok, so a bit of movement, i stripped the bike down to the frame, sent that off for paint, original. started assessing the parts, the chainset didn't look quite right, it had silver rings, they look perfectly fine but i remember them being black, next thing i know i was on ebay, i found a more original looking chainset and rings. the rims were ok but i wanted some double wall rims with a machined brake surface to improve the likely lack of power on the old school brakes! i found some no name rims from one of my suppliers that seemed to fit the bill and they weren't too expensive, i then realised i had some purple nipples, i wouldn't usually use alloy nipples but i thought what the hell and built the front wheel because i had the right size spokes in stock. so the front wheel is already built with a panaracer dart, spokes for the rear will be in next week.

i also got a message from the guy i got it from, he'd found the original owners manual and sent it to me:cool:

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

s5.jpg

s4.jpg
s3.jpg

Schweet, love this 🍿
Loved the Seeker. Loved the name. Loved the colour. Even love the song.
But with a U-brake too, that's off the charts.

Lovely lot of original parts in there. Shame to lose the MFX tyres, but understand if they're a bit crispy.

Back