1987 Specialized Allez Epic

That really is a fantastic collection it must have been a pleasure finding and putting it all together. I'm more jealous of the space you have to keep it all!

I have just bought a 1991 Specialized Allez Epic as well but with out the forks - something I'll need to source. The frame is currently en route but I was hoping in advance to find a set of Aluminium or carbon replacements, but realise that I don't have the exact head tube length. I know, should have asked!

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to measure the head tube on your one please and tell me what the frame size is so I can proportionately work out what mine will be. My frame is a 58. Many thanks.
Thanks! I love working on them all which is why I keep getting more.

Congrats on the new frame, should be a fun build. Its no trouble at all to measure it, I just went and checked and its exactly 150mm for my size 56 frame.

I'm not 100% certain of the rake of the fork but I think its either 38 or 40.

That's great, much appreciated thanks. It seems to be virtually impossible to find a pair of original Specialized aluminium forks now so I'm likely going to have to go down the aheadset carbon route, which in itself these days is limited in choice. I agree, it becomes quite addictive trawling through Ebay looking for retro parts.

That's great, much appreciated thanks. It seems to be virtually impossible to find a pair of original Specialized aluminium forks now so I'm likely going to have to go down the aheadset carbon route, which in itself these days is limited in choice. I agree, it becomes quite addictive trawling through Ebay looking for retro parts.
A Kestrel EMS fork would look pretty nice on the frame. I've got one on my Ti/Carbon HH Vitesse and another on a Kestrel 200sci.

Excellent job on the Allez, and I'll echo everyone else in complimenting your collection and storage/gallery room! Very much look forward to seeing more of your bikes. :)

Back