1987 Richey Ascent Homecoming

Hi there. Ed from Burnaby also, writing to ask who you ordered the ARAYA RM20 decals from ? I could use some to for an upcoming build. We may have met before in person too, btw. The swap meets or from buying parts off you maybe through Craigslist. Thanks for your time. Cheers !
Hi Ed, just trying to place you, PM coming. I'm better with faces than names 😊

The "RM-20" shiny decals on my rims were still good while the "ARAYA" ones were faded to almost disappear.

The "ARAYA" decals were sourced here:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks @Tsundere I love throwing a leg over it every chance I get!

I've since upgraded to a Ritchey branded silver handlebar and Nitto S-65 silver seapost. I'd tried to find a Nitto/Ritchey post in 26.8 for a while with no luck. Nothing wrong with the previous pictured Kalloy but always wanted a Nitto for my Ritchey, the still for sale S-65 post is beautiful. I'll post some new pictures soon. Think this build is officially done now

Hi Ed, just trying to place you, PM coming. I'm better with faces than names 😊

The "RM-20" shiny decals on my rims were still good while the "ARAYA" ones were faded to almost disappear.

The "ARAYA" decals were sourced here:

Thanks for getting back. Yes if I knew your first name I know if we've met. Maybe it was through correspondence only, on Pinkbike, that Canukbiker is familiar. I appreciate the decal info. I have seen that ad on Ebay. I'm sure Velocals.com might have them. Or could make, I hope.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes, the Mojo hanger is nice to still have, was Turquoise originally, so were my chainrings and a Ringle bottle cage (which I don't have anymore) not sure why I thought blue accents suited it back then (with the same red & black it has now) but was my effort to jump on the anodization bandwagon of the early 90s 😂
Hey if you want to get that Mojo hanger re-anodized, take it to Surftech Anodizing in Port Moody. Or any other aluminum bike part for that matter. They will do these small jobs, strip the original ano off and redo in your choice of color. $30 min charge so bring some other parts to do the same. Also for bike frames/forks and steel parts, they have a sister company down the same road a few block, Surftech Powdercoating. The owner of both businesses is an older gent named Tony. He is usually at the Powdercoat business while his son, Ivan, manages the Anodizing business. Tony is the nicest and most honest up front man you'll ever meet. A true gentleman in the full sense of the word, in my opinion. He could be long retired, but he still enjoys working and so does this as a passion sort of.... Make old stuff look new again.

First name's Dave

I may have a couple spares of those decals, I'll let you know tonight
Thanks Dave. Face will be familiar. I was thinking of re-anodizing my rims black, instead of the silver they are. If I do then I would need new stickers after. But looking at them just now, I may not touch them they look good. But I would buy those off you or trade you something.

@dirttorpedo

🤣🤣

I confess I had to walk the tight switchback section (forget if I pointed that out earlier in the thread) and bounced around lot's on the remainder

That section of tight switchback midway down Nicole's took a lot for me to clear once eventually trying it on my 6 & 6 full suspension 2008 Kona years ago.

When you grew up riding rigid MTBs the idea of just trusting your bike and committing can be a process when you are looking down a tight hairpin turn that has a steep drop on the other side. First time I cleared that section was a huge relief mixed with lot's of adrenaline 😆

I need to get back out to Burnaby Mountain soon!

@dirttorpedo

🤣🤣

I confess I had to walk the tight switchback section (forget if I pointed that out earlier in the thread) and bounced around lot's on the remainder

That section of tight switchback midway down Nicole's took a lot for me to clear once eventually trying it on my 6 & 6 full suspension 2008 Kona years ago.

When you grew up riding rigid MTBs the idea of just trusting your bike and committing can be a process when you are looking down a tight hairpin turn that has a steep drop on the other side. First time I cleared that section was a huge relief mixed with lot's of adrenaline 😆

I need to get back out to Burnaby Mountain soon!
I hear you. I think I first rode that on a 97 Sasquatch and didn't get fully comfortable on it until I got a Stinky in the early 00's. Now I'm back to old steel bikes and probably too brittle to ride the steeps.

Latest posts

Back