1987 Raleigh Avanti *****Finished*****

Re: 1987 Raleigh Avanti

MADB":e5a4ug3w said:
Full set of new decals have been ordered from Nick at H Lloyd Cycles. Top bloke and very helpful.

Cool - are they repros? I could do with a set.

Coleman":2boi2muo said:
MADB":2boi2muo said:
Full set of new decals have been ordered from Nick at H Lloyd Cycles. Top bloke and very helpful.

Cool - are they repros? I could do with a set.

Nick does have a set of originals but he's not selling those, so yes he has reproduced them for me, even has the small gold made by Raliegh decal found at the bottom of the seat tube.

I will post up some pictures of the decals when they arrive.

Hi Mike I might just do that.....with a bit of luck it will look almost new again. :cool:

Re:

Nick had mentioned he was working on some Avanti decals when he was doing the ones for my Appalachian and I wondered if it was for your bike. Check out my build thread (link in my signature) for a sneak peek of what you'll be getting :D . Look forward to seeing this one finished.

Re: Re:

DynaCol":op7tryiq said:
Nick had mentioned he was working on some Avanti decals when he was doing the ones for my Appalachian and I wondered if it was for your bike. Check out my build thread (link in my signature) for a sneak peek of what you'll be getting :D . Look forward to seeing this one finished.

That is a very nice job you have done on your Raleigh, I can only hope mine works out so good. The decals do looks great, I think Nick started of with your letter font to repro the one for the Avanti.

Re: Re:

MADB":1hfbqhuz said:
That is a very nice job you have done on your Raleigh, I can only hope mine works out so good. The decals do looks great, I think Nick started of with your letter font to repro the one for the Avanti.
Thanks very much, I put a bit of extra effort in to this one by re-creating the decals myself before passing the file on to Nick for him to use. He had a bit of work still to convert the files to something he could use but was something I wanted to try and was a lot of fun. Good to see another Raleigh getting some attention. At one point today there was three Raleighs at the top of the Reader's MTB section, who knows when that'll happen again :LOL: . Good luck with the build.

Decals have arrived to day and they look fantastic, the stripping clean and re building on the components has started. Just need to figure out were to get the frame coated now and tyres and a seat and brake pads and a chain etc......

Re:

I wouldn't use Splashbacks again.
True,they're cheap and don't look bad,but they suck in every way.
They dont grip,on any surface and they wear out fast.
If you're not riding it hard they may be ok,but other than that,for me,they are best avoided.
Loving this bike though,wanted one in 87,got a Mustang instead,which did its best to self destruct on every ride.After 2 years I think I only had the cranks and canti's left of the bike my parents originally purchased,and I didnt ride it as hard as I could have.

Still looking for tires but in the mean time some of the components are turning out very nice.

Back