1987 Concorde Columbo Lo Pro

Re:

Handsome! Sounds like it's coming together nicely :cool:

Yes it is a 631 c/set. Never thought of cutting slots in it! Looks nice as it is though I think. Some Mavic shifters would be ace, 571s I think, but hard to find.

How about some bling?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLNAGO-650c- ... Swp5JWUxmN

:shock: :LOL: :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
To be honest, I prefer the look of black or carbon discs and really like the 3 spokes from the early 90's. Those Mavic 3 spokes on the front of the Lotus bike do it for me. A white disc would complement the fresh looks of that Gitane though.

PDM did ride them with Scott tri-bars but bikes were all Campagnolo. As for the disk...

11lj890.jpeg

gpl_1991.7.2.jpg

Ruimteaapje":2jy2yubz said:
PDM did ride them with Scott tri-bars but bikes were all Campagnolo. As for the disk...

11lj890.jpeg

gpl_1991.7.2.jpg

Thanks for that. I've not seen one with a curved top tube before, but it looks really good. Those Scott tri bars have got to stay now you've shown me those pictures. Mine were only a cheap set that my brother bolted on when he borrowed the bike for Time trialling. I never rode on the tri bars as it was low enough anyway. It also came with one of those Campag aero seat posts like the ones in your pictures but I swapped that for a carbon Tioga one for some strange reason ( probably thought it looked cool at the time ). I did wonder if it should be all Campagnolo, but the Dura ace stuff is in immaculate condition and it's what I used to ride. I wonder if the graphics on that Disc were a transfer or if they were made for PDM?

Re:

Classy time triallist in his day! :cool:

Wish I could find some of those Sidi Genius shoes! :cool:

Not sure about the tri bars, but the lo pro bars look very Mavic to me !

Mike

Can't remember whether it was those Mavic Comete's or Challenger's that were impossibly heavy. One of them was all aluminium if I recall correctly - made a great noise though.

legrandefromage":jec56qbv said:
PM danson67 for a source of smaller tubs if you get stuck, he might be able to help.

I have a single correct colour 6spd Dura-ace lever if required.

This week I've ordered a new Continental competition 26 x 19c front tub for the Concorde. Not sure if it will look right, but I didn't want an ancient one that's rotten inside. Just need that 7400 indexed lever now. Would the 7 speed one work with my 6 speed Maillard freewheel? I'm trying to get that machined anodised look rather than the polished earlier look.

FINNEY1973":2fhblii6 said:
Can't remember whether it was those Mavic Comete's or Challenger's that were impossibly heavy. One of them was all aluminium if I recall correctly - made a great noise though.
It was the Challenger which was aluminium. One sold on eBay a few weeks ago and it went for a LOT of money :shock:

I don't know for sure but I think the Challenger got banned for providing too much of a flywheel effect.

Jonny69":3jabofva said:
FINNEY1973":3jabofva said:
It was the Challenger which was aluminium. One sold on eBay a few weeks ago and it went for a LOT of money :shock:

I don't know for sure but I think the Challenger got banned for providing too much of a flywheel effect.

They're rarely seen for sale. Interesting that they got banned. My mates got one squirreled away somewhere. It's almost as heavy as the rest of his lo-pro - I can believe the flywheel effect, must have been a swine to corner with!

Back