1986 (?) Tech Nova Pro

Re:

Indeed, as mentioned in the opening post, I spotted several 'L' date codes on the Shimano Deore parts on this bike.

The cassette also has 'INDEX' stampled on one of the sprockets.

I am quite convinced it is not a cassette but a freewheel, too. Had to deal with road uniglide and it looked pretty different, while this seems to have the two little holes on opposite sides to dismantle the freewheel without removing it.

Re:

A a thread seems visible at the smallest sprocket; does that mean this should be unscrewed, or everything together..?

p5pb20277904.jpg

p5pb20277905.jpg

Just remove the nut from the axle, it will reveal the round pattern where the removal tool goes. The one suggested by LGF on previous page is probably correct. Sometimes you meet an odd pattern as there were different patterns made by different brands, shouldn't be this case.
In case you wanted to dismantle the freewheel and not just remove it, can be done by the two tiny holes on the opposite sides of the round thing. Not sure if it goes clockwise or counter clockwise now, and it is easier to unscrew it while it is still on the bike.

MT62":37conu79 said:
Just remove the nut from the axle, it will reveal the round pattern where the removal tool goes. The one suggested by LGF on previous page is probably correct. Sometimes you meet an odd pattern as there were different patterns made by different brands, shouldn't be this case.
In case you wanted to dismantle the freewheel and not just remove it, can be done by the two tiny holes on the opposite sides of the round thing. Not sure if it goes clockwise or counter clockwise now, and it is easier to unscrew it while it is still on the bike.
Thanks, I see what you mean. Let's source a freewheel removal tool then.

Update: first layers of grease, mud and grime were removed (and there is still some left, as you can see..)
Despite acquiring the correct tool, I was unable to remove the cassette (yet).

Cycletech.jpg

Planning to build it into a street cruiser/commuter, let's see.

Back