1985 Claud Butler Canyon Deore Deerhead XT & 600EX FINISHED

Re: 1984 Claud Butler Canyon Deore Deerhead XT & 600EX FINISHED

legrandefromage":2dffzfcj said:
You've made it flat!

With cake!

Exclamation mark!

Ah... I see... the visual effect of the water refraction has led you to conjure an amusing retort... very well done :LOL:

I had one with gripping hands.

Always difficult to see exactly where he was.

Re:

Peachy!":2n03foqb said:
Peachy’s 1984 Claud Butler Canyon

So, it’s January 1985… I’m 16 & I’ve saved some money from working all Christmas at M&S, my Stepmother has made sure I only received cash from Santa..
What’s it going to be? A brand-new Claud Butler Canyon or a 2nd hand Yamaha “Fizzie”, boots, helmet & insurance? No contest really..

Well roll on 35 years, early May and my Stepmother, now 92 succumbs to CV19.
My Brother tells me we will all be getting a small inheritance but that he’d promised Mum he’d make sure we’d do our best to spend it on something memorable.. so on the 12th of May I see that Solo is selling a complete M700 Deerhead groupset NOS/NIB… and I started thinking maybe my Canyon restoration (which was stumbling along whilst I tried to find catalogue correct parts) could possibly be that memorable thing..
I missed out on that full group set, but Solo and a few others as far away as Canada, Germany & California helped me pull this lot together, I hope you like it.
Cheers June…rest in peace

Build thread; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=404128 more photos on Pg12

if only these were around in 1985 ... could have had you cake and eaten it :facepalm:

okay its more DT50 than a Fs1E Sports Moped and a hell of a lot more than my Suzuki ER50

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 579
Re: Re:

ibbz":1gjgaleg said:
Very very elegant looking machine!

Thank you, much appreciated... (don’t forget to vote in BotM ;) )

Retro Spud":1gjgaleg said:
Peachy!":1gjgaleg said:
Peachy’s 1984 Claud Butler Canyon

So, it’s January 1985… I’m 16 & I’ve saved some money from working all Christmas at M&S, my Stepmother has made sure I only received cash from Santa..
What’s it going to be? A brand-new Claud Butler Canyon or a 2nd hand Yamaha “Fizzie”, boots, helmet & insurance? No contest really..

Well roll on 35 years, early May and my Stepmother, now 92 succumbs to CV19.
My Brother tells me we will all be getting a small inheritance but that he’d promised Mum he’d make sure we’d do our best to spend it on something memorable.. so on the 12th of May I see that Solo is selling a complete M700 Deerhead groupset NOS/NIB… and I started thinking maybe my Canyon restoration (which was stumbling along whilst I tried to find catalogue correct parts) could possibly be that memorable thing..
I missed out on that full group set, but Solo and a few others as far away as Canada, Germany & California helped me pull this lot together, I hope you like it.
Cheers June…rest in peace

Build thread; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=404128 more photos on Pg12

if only these were around in 1985 ... could have had you cake and eaten it :facepalm:

okay its more DT50 than a Fs1E Sports Moped and a hell of a lot more than my Suzuki ER50

Ah, but can you bore out the motor and fit a 75cc Lambretta piston? (Yes, my Fs1E got very hot! :D )

Peachy!":35kqym1r said:
legrandefromage":35kqym1r said:
You've made it flat!

With cake!

Exclamation mark!

Ah... I see... the visual effect of the water refraction has led you conjure an amusing retort... very well done :LOL:
:D :D :D

Refraction man.

Attachments

• 6E4FB04E-6CED-46BE-959C-B69555F22A74.png
    6E4FB04E-6CED-46BE-959C-B69555F22A74.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 539

I’m falling in love with this bike…. I could just cruise about all day… :cool: :D

Just noticed the pub's getting tables sorted in the yard in preparation for the 4th of July!!… :D

Attachments

• IMG_6456.jpg
    IMG_6456.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 507
  • IMG_6457.jpg
    IMG_6457.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 507

legrandefromage":howiqfnb said:
Dont leave it there! I'll nick it!

Silly boy…. Watch out, that might get used in evidence against you! :roll: :facepalm:

I’m so happy with how this bike has turned out, that I thought it deserved a little treat…
The ODI longneck grips are nice and comfy, but I had been holding in reserve a lovely unused pair of ODI World grips…that just about finishes it of for me…

But wait a minute.. whilst out riding I bumped into (2m away) a friend in the village, he was complementing me on the Canyon when he stopped in his tracks and exclaimed.. ‘I don’t believe it, I found exactly the same pair of Shimano pedals in a box whilst clearing out my Dads garage last weekend….'
I pointed out mine were SR, not Shimano, but mentioned that if they were PD-MX15’s I’d happily buy them off of him..
Anyway, he’s just dropped them off…..

I’d say the group set is complete wouldn’t you?

Attachments

• IMG_6460.jpg
    IMG_6460.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 490
  • IMG_6461.jpg
    IMG_6461.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_6463.jpg
    IMG_6463.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 491

Latest posts

Back