1984 CINELLI Supercorsa bianco save rescue build thread

fguki

Senior Retro Guru
Hi folks!

Heres another story-thread from my personal rebuilds / savings. So, during Corona high times, I found this beautiful CINELLI bike in our local ads. I was confused because the lugs werent chrome but otherwise the paint and specs looked all original. After further investigation of the pictures, I was so sure that this had to be a Supercorsa model (pre 1985 because of the decal positions) and decided to give it a go and invest my money.

The seller also sent me a pic of the bottom bracket lug including serial number that made me very sure. It was a great shot and really worth it! By now (July 2020) the bike is finished and complete. I will just start this thread with some pictures from the April / May ...to be continued.

Bike is already finished. Components are:

1.) Frame: 1984 CINELLI "Supercorsa" (bianco)

2.) Forks: 1984 CINELLI "Supercorsa" (matching serial number)

3.) Wheels: CAMPAGNOLO Omega Strada Hardox 36H (clincher)

4.) Tyres: Continental Grand Prix (vintage original) 23-622

5.) Seatpost: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record

6.) Saddle: CINELLI Unicanitor VIP set (brown)

7.) Stem: CINELLI 1R VIP set

8.) Handlebar: CINELLI Criterium 65-40 VIP set

9.) Grips: Leather (sewed) CINELLI VIP set (brown)

10.) Crankset: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record

11.) Bottom bracket: CAMPAGNOLO Record

12.) Shifters: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record

13.) Front mech: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record

14.) Rear mech: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record PAT. 84

15.) Brakes: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record

16.) Quick release / Skewers: CAMPAGNOLO Record

17.) Pedals: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record titanium axle

18.) Headset: CAMPAGNOLO Super Record

19.) Cables: Pearl white vintage standard

20.) Cassette: Regina Extra 6-speed

21.) Chain: Connex 6/7 speed

Other bits: n/a

Attachments

• IMG_9329.JPG
    IMG_9329.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 1,715
  • IMG_9327.JPG
    IMG_9327.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 1,714
  • IMG_9324.JPG
    IMG_9324.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,713
  • IMG_9317.JPG
    IMG_9317.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,712
  • IMG_9314.JPG
    IMG_9314.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,713
  • IMG_9309.JPG
    IMG_9309.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 1,715
  • IMG_9302.JPG
    IMG_9302.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 1,714
  • 234424444234.jpg
    234424444234.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 1,716
Always interesting to see how different can be the SC frames in the small details: this does not have internal routing for the rear brake cable and seems to have the older BB shell, but has newer decals and the Silva rear brake bridge.

Needs a proper respray! :)

gattonero":2qrg6ehb said:
Always interesting to see how different can be the SC frames in the small details: this does not have internal routing for the rear brake cable and seems to have the older BB shell, but has newer decals and the Silva rear brake bridge.

Needs a proper respray! :)

No respray here! There is nothing like the original paint on Supercorsas! What do you mean with "newer decals". They are accurate for the very early 80s.

They only changed with the "spoiler BB shell" that came up around 1985.

Its time to update this thread finally and put in the missing pictures from over the last 12 months:

Stripped, after purchase and first inspection:

1984 Cinelli Supercorsa build pearl white laser blue restoration project Falko Schloetel Germa...jpg

1984 Cinelli Supercorsa build pearl white laser blue restoration project Falko Schloetel Germa...jpg

This will go great alongside with my 1983 Cinelli Supercorsa "Donna" Version.

If you like, you can also follow the build-thread of the Supercorsa Donna here:

Now that was 2020 ... meanwhile, I changed the routing of the brake cables to behind the bars and sold the CINELLI VIP Set and swapped saddle and handlebars to a black Cinelli Volare SLX and black sewed leather handlebars.

Back