1982 Stumpjumper

Sure it’s not a typo?… with an extra nought added by mistake? Even then, £1800 is a bit naughty 🤔 I’m holding on to my 94 rockhopper. Come 2031 it might be worth £200 😎

Last edited:
Are those cantilevers correct for this model, i dont know much, but they look like "lee-chi" to me, i thought that was reserved for Emelle and BSOs of the time...?

Are those cantilevers correct for this model, i dont know much, but they look like "lee-chi" to me, i thought that was reserved for Emelle and BSOs of the time...?
Perhaps Lee Chi copied the Dia compe, sooooooo long ago, cheap at the moment regardless... :cool:

All the old ones I’ve seen recently have been the Sport version. It’s nice enough but just doesn’t have the appeal of a proper ‘Fake Ritchey MountainBike’ Stumpy. Not as desirable either I’d have thought

Cantis should be these as far as I know which isn't much to be fair..

Attachments

• 20210424_161845.jpg
    20210424_161845.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 11
Cantis should be these as far as I know which isn't much to be fair..
Then again this one was up for sale a while back and has different cantis fitted. I read on Mombat that in 83 there was potentially component variations between the different batches so maybe that's it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-170619_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-170619_Facebook.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 10
Then again this one was up for sale a while back and has different cantis fitted. I read on Mombat that in 83 there was potentially component variations between the different batches so maybe that's it.
That’s my understanding too; they were selling so many that spec’s varied a bit. Certainly seen a couple with Dia Compe claiming to be original

I've just seen that it is back on, reserve not met and ending soon.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
In fact it seems that it has been sold twice already this month.
Just put it on for the price that you want, don't mess about with auctions.

Back