1982 Cook Bros. Custom Fillet Brazed

So amazing! Like, epic next level. In your post, you said "It all worked out pretty smoothly, so decided then to go all out and fillet brazed every part of the bike." Not sure what this means, did you fillet braze over the tig welds? Beautiful job.

Hi there - beautiful bike! I’m wondering if you would share a pic of the CBR straight fork you mention - I have a non-brazed Alpine and it came with what looks to be the same chrome Tange forks as shown in your pics. I couldn’t figure out how to PM you?

Thanks. There is a photo of the original CBR straight forks included in the batch of photos in my original thread, couple of posts down from top. Please post some photos of your Alpine. Very rare.

Thanks. There is a photo of the original CBR straight forks included in the batch of photos in my original thread, couple of posts down from top. Please post some photos of your Alpine. Very rare.
Thanks for the reply. I see it now - I missed it before - I’ve been looking at your bike for a while - beautiful job on the brazing! Great back story too - mine also came from the same bike shop - I have notes on it and will dig them out - and take some proper photos - I just have few quick snaps - the paint is in pretty rough shape - although it was painted by D&D - that hasn’t chipped off! I am the second owner. When I was reading I was thinking you had the CBR box crown fork they made and sold at the time - if I could find one of those I would be pretty stoked!

Thanks for the reply. I see it now - I missed it before - I’ve been looking at your bike for a while - beautiful job on the brazing! Great back story too - mine also came from the same bike shop - I have notes on it and will dig them out - and take some proper photos - I just have few quick snaps - the paint is in pretty rough shape - although it was painted by D&D - that hasn’t chipped off! I am the second owner. When I was reading I was thinking you had the CBR box crown fork they made and sold at the time - if I could find one of those I would be pretty stoked!
Was your Alpine red originally? I do remember CBS sold a red one of those.

Back