1970's Claud Butler Olympic.....the "West Ham bike"

Ta! Was lovely to get on the machine tools again after a 20 year hiatus (not touched them since training college). That said Paul did most of the skilled stuff.

You're not Claud in your avatar any more Peachy!.......not sure I can get my head round a change as momentous as that.......
A Scottish pal of mine did an excellent Sean Connery “Danny Boy” & I likewise did a passable Michael Caine “Peachy” it’s stuck for over 30 years… 7C9C2348-EB6E-42BA-A34A-EA8BAAB2A30C.jpeg AEED955E-9D6A-4D00-B483-EBFEF3B95DD5.jpeg
Then recently my lad @Our Jimmy drew this on a birthday card. Just had to use it.

So started tackling the top tube tin worm.......

KSL4bQWl.jpg

qrwqLS3l.jpg

Hmmm.......it runs deep.

enBoiMwl.jpg

Is that a Bridgeport Vertical Mill 👍
Yes indeedy….we have a machine shop at work with a range of kit, manual stuff - 2x Bridgeport’s, a Colchester lathe, and some early CNC controlled machines - a Harrison Lathe and a Matzek bar fed turret lathe

Yes indeedy….we have a machine shop at work with a range of kit, manual stuff - 2x Bridgeport’s, a Colchester lathe, and some early CNC controlled machines - a Harrison Lathe and a Matzek bar fed turret lathe
Lovely Jubbly I love as bought up on colchesters Bridgeport’s then moved onto CNC machines of the early 80’s

Lovely Jubbly I love as bought up on colchesters Bridgeport’s then moved onto CNC machines of the early 80’s
Was nice to get my hands on the mill (in a very limited capacity - Paul did most of the work).......for the first time in about 20 years. I did the basic training in the late nineties, won machinist of the year at college (got a nice trophy :LOL:), then haven't touched a machine tool since. Training college was Bridgeport mills and Colchester lathes.......sadly the college closed a few years ago. All skills which feel like they're gradually disappearing.

Was nice to get my hands on the mill (in a very limited capacity - Paul did most of the work).......for the first time in about 20 years. I did the basic training in the late nineties, won machinist of the year at college (got a nice trophy :LOL:), then haven't touched a machine tool since. Training college was Bridgeport mills and Colchester lathes.......sadly the college closed a few years ago. All skills which feel like they're gradually disappearing.
Yeah doing my first year of my apprenticeship in 79 I was bought up on colchesters, Bridgeport’s & adcock & Shipley mills & borers at college then it to got overhauled to more on academics sadly & then renamed. Got a couple of hobby style Zeig machines to play with once shipment arrives from Oz & we buy our own place later next year.

Back