1963 Carlton Catalina - restoration project - Now complete

Managed to get out on a first proper ride on this bike, earlier this week...

Something to be said for a classic, quality old English machine. You cant beat it.

PA302018_zpslswnprg0.jpg

PA302024_zpstlm47ni0.jpg

PA302040_zps62wwy28e.jpg

beautiful! I'm new to the forum and have just restored a Carlton in memory of my late Dad who bought it for my birthday 50 years ago. It was an eBay basket case at £25.It's not as nice(or old) as yours but when I got on it after the resto it was everything I remember from my teens; couldn't stop grinning. Hope you enjoy yours it looks superb!

Frogsie54":1vb3gchc said:
beautiful! I'm new to the forum and have just restored a Carlton in memory of my late Dad who bought it for my birthday 50 years ago. It was an eBay basket case at £25.It's not as nice(or old) as yours but when I got on it after the resto it was everything I remember from my teens; couldn't stop grinning. Hope you enjoy yours it looks superb!

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to look!

Re:

Super stuff, love the colours, need to find a new project myself I've been dormant for too long :facepalm:

kingbling":izyn9w6x said:
A great looking bike Mike hope to bump into you at l'eroica again next year.

Should be there in 2018, planning on taking an 18-speed Corsa for the ride and a 1960 Flyer for 'show'...

Re: Re:

Doubledee":3d219tcg said:
Super stuff, love the colours, need to find a new project myself I've been dormant for too long :facepalm:

Thanks!

Back