1961 Raleigh superbe (Helio)

Recently acquired original front cable, fully intact original chaincase and LED bulbs. once i sorted out the wiring for correct polarity these lights are now extremely bright for such a bike.. i like it. shame the front bulb is brilliant white instead of a warmer color

All i need now is replacement Mudguards and then i can look into getting it repainted. Cotter pins giving me trouble as the non crank side wobbles.. apart from that my test rides were pleasant

Attachments

• SAM_6967_1.jpg
    SAM_6967_1.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 18
  • SAM_6968_1.jpg
    SAM_6968_1.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_6969_1.jpg
    SAM_6969_1.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 16
  • SAM_6970_1.jpg
    SAM_6970_1.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 18
Re:

I've just bought one of these today, not sure what year it is but it's very similar to yours, except it has rod-operated brakes.
I'm about to post a thread on it to gather any info I can about it's history and availability of parts.
I'm a little daunted by it due to it's age but one thing's for sure, it had to be saved :)
I'm not sure if it is the most accurate indicator of age, but the SA hub gears have the year of manufacture stamped into the outer body - so if the hub is original it might give a clue.

Re:

I've just bought one of these today, not sure what year it is but it's very similar to yours, except it has rod-operated brakes.
I'm about to post a thread on it to gather any info I can about it's history and availability of parts.
I'm a little daunted by it due to it's age but one thing's for sure, it had to be saved :)

It's nice to see a thread on here about these bikes.
I also have one (196x?, based on the Dynohub date). Rod brakes, too.
I haven't seen it in ages; it's stored at a friend's house. But it's on my "must save" list for the future.

Currently working on the Heron badge so I was gonna use black and red Humbrol enamel in metallic to restore it. my dad suggested giving it a coat of clear lacquer after it had been restored. Was just wanting peoples opinions

Back