1939 Claud Butler Ultra Shortbase Tandem

Right, you must have finished putting away the decorations by now, so when’s the next update? ;)

Peachy!":2xb28jur said:
Right, you must have finished putting away the decorations by now, so when’s the next update? ;)

Yep, Decs are long gone, I'm feeling less like a Christmas recluse now which is good (we tend to hide away from the world over Xmas and eat lots of chocolate, even moreso this year) so will be back on this in the next few weeks. Will be digging the spray gun out of the shed at the weekend and seeing if I have the option to respray the frame at work when the weather starts to improve.....

How you getting on? Will it be finished before it’s 50yr younger cousin;

How you getting on? Will it be finished before it’s 50yr younger cousin;
Cool - Peachy's bought a tandem!

You'll more than likely have yours done and sold on again by the time mines finished at this rate.

I have dug out my spray gun and bought some 2 pack etch primer......but that's not a lot to show for 6 months since I last looked at the project!

Still over thinking what colour I should paint it........there's a nice duck egg blue example on the Argos cycles site which has given me fresh ideas.

Cool - Peachy's bought a tandem!

You'll more than likely have yours done and sold on again by the time mines finished at this rate.

I have dug out my spray gun and bought some 2 pack etch primer......but that's not a lot to show for 6 months since I last looked at the project!

Still over thinking what colour I should paint it........there's a nice duck egg blue example on the Argos cycles site which has given me fresh ideas.
Picking it up from the powdercoaters tomorrow! 🤣.
No intention of moving it on anytime soon..

Loving the skill and dedication in this thread, we are all lucky to have people like you to save these wonderful bikies for prosperity....

Back