1938-41 Schwinn New World Racer

Nabeaquam

BoTM Winner
Model W1R, with a one piece crank
IMG_0265.jpeg
Model W3R with a three piece crank but still with 1/2 inch pedals instead of the 9/16. IMG_0142.jpeg
Some originals from the net. You could order this bike with different parts, to customize it from anything, including commuter, road or entry level track bike. I’ve seen these looking like the entry level track bike but with mudguards and a chain guard. I had just a dented and rusted frame, fork, bb, crank and bent and dented bars.
IMG_0144.jpeg IMG_0146.jpeg IMG_0139.jpeg
Rebuilding my junker.
New wood wheels laced to vintage hubs
IMG_0262.jpeg
Bent bars are now pretty straight and the dents are filled with JB Weld steel reinforced epoxy.
IMG_0269.jpeg
Non standard Schwinn post was reversed and standard seat guts welded to the reversed post.
IMG_0268.jpeg
Mock up to ride.
IMG_0266.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 842953
Some originals from the net. You could order this bike with different parts, to customize it from anything, including commuter, road or entry level track bike. I’ve seen these looking like the entry level track bike but with mudguards and a chain guard. I had just a dented and rusted frame, fork, bb, crank and bent and dented bars.

View attachment 842954View attachment 842955View attachment 842956
Rebuilding my junker.
New wood wheels laced to vintage hubs
View attachment 842960
Bent bars are now pretty straight and the dents are filled with JB Weld steel reinforced epoxy.
View attachment 842961
Non standard Schwinn post was reversed and standard seat guts welded to the reversed post.
View attachment 842962
Mock up to ride.
View attachment 842963
Paint and decals IMG_0271.jpeg IMG_0272.jpeg IMG_0273.jpeg IMG_0274.jpeg
Red heater hose and cork grips. Tar tape for bar wrap.
IMG_0275.jpeg IMG_0276.jpeg
It’s now in my attic so I don’t have photos of its current state. It now has a vintage USA Pearson’s saddle that looks like the Brooks in these photos and a set of 1/2 inch racing pedals so the pedal adapters are no longer required.

Last edited:
Back