'06' Specialized Enduro Pro Info

RobMac

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone know the length and stroke of the rear shock on a 2006 Specialized Enduro Pro I'm sure it's a Fox DHX 5.0 air shock.

Cheers :)

Re:

Have you got a pic of the frame? I've an s-works enduro from around that time that originally had a brain arrangement and spent a while looking for info on alternative shocks. Research suggested a non-standard stroke/i2i but alternative options were possible. The link on mine could be flipped which helped with the options.

Re:

Here you go, its has a very worn Specialized shock on it at the moment.

Attachments

• 20180407_123715.jpg
    20180407_123715.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 714
Re:

That's a later version to mine so I can't help with exact measurements. I read somewhere that you measure stroke by letting the air out then measuring the shaft from can base to end. If you let me know what that is, plus the i2i I have a number of rear shocks so could have one that fits.

Re:

It's looking like 225mm iTi and 25mm stroke using that method.
But do keep in mind that's not the correct shock for the frame.
Are 5th Element shocks any Good?

Re:

Maybe that method isn't right as 25mm stroke doesn't sound right to me.

I've not got anything in that i2i.

I don't think 5th element are too bad, not really used one in anger so no real experience.

Re:

Is the stroke not the amount the shock moves? If so measure it fully extended (i2i) then fully compressed, the difference = the stroke. I’m just guessing mind you so could be talking rubbish.

Re:

8.5" shock with 2.5" stroke in specialized speak, or 215mm and 63mm in European.

I say that with absolute certainty but its not the case, I only remember those figures because I read a thread a few years back where a bloke was swearing at the design of his Enduro because he couldn't fit a shock with a reservoir in to the frame.

Back