‘90 not ‘90 Kona Lava Dome.

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
There’s bound to be a few of you who are aware of this frame, and I have to start by saying this wasn’t my idea. The credit must go to @Spanky22b - a genius idea which has been finished to a fantastic standard.
IMG_4020.jpeg
A 1993 Lava Dome which has been powder coated/stickered and splattered in the style of a 1990. So you have the light weight and geometry of the ‘93 with the iconic look of the ‘90.
When I saw this for sale it was a lightbulb moment for me; I was after an early 90’s Kona in this size and with it looking like a 1990 I can put a DX group which I have.
I even started to get a DX wheelset and headset serviced and ready before it was delivered!
IMG_4012.jpeg IMG_4022.jpeg
It arrived well packed and fast and I quickly assembled the frameset and got it sitting on the wheels. Triple butted P2’s are a nice bonus too.
IMG_4023.jpeg
I was up early this morning, and it was just a matter of cleaning and servicing bits as I was adding them to the bike.
IMG_4049.jpeg IMG_4050.jpeg IMG_4051.jpeg
It had to have black chainrings on the MT60 cranks to match the black stem/seatpost etc. I added Odi attack grips, a flite ti and my odyssey bear trap pedals.
It’s lovely, couldn’t be happier with it.

Back