Zinn Success.......

The first variation had lots of subtle differences, rear seatstay joins, no rollers etc, but they also did come with a Fisher fasttrack tyres which may also help broaden your search.

Great colour match on the stem too by the way.

Looking good :) Great colour match on the stem. The 1990 catalogue range were all Campy I believe... It was only in 1991 when the model names were introduced including the cheaper Sachs versions.

Edit: didn't see Carl's post above! He'll know more on the differences :)

Re:

don't suppose any of you kind Zinn owners would be able to get a trace of the logo for the stem would you? looking to get an accurate size for the decal for my stem for the success.

its a one piece transfer that goes over the stem and allows the Zinn logo on either side of the stem

Unfortunately the one I removed from mine has been 'missplaced'

any help greatly appreciated

Re:

I drew the complete set of decals for my Centaur which Gil has the artwork for. If you ask him I'm sure he can run you off one...

Re:

Nice bike and great project. I was watching a bike last week that had Sachs New Success components. Don't think it sold @ £150 bin so I can send the link if you want? Said the frame was hand built but I didn't recognise the manufacturer.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3geoysic said:
Nice bike and great project. I was watching a bike last week that had Sachs New Success components. Don't think it sold @ £150 bin so I can send the link if you want? Said the frame was hand built but I didn't recognise the manufacturer.

thanks for the heads up - I think this is a slightly later new success groupo. Im after the alesa black rims first then may start the hunt for the rest of the new success parts

just picked up a few campy parts that will fit the bill in the mean time, problem with the campy stuff is it just seems to be pricey for anything half decent.

Re:

Thanks to Coleman then next part is on its way:

looking forward to this, may give it a respray but they are the original 753 bars that was specced with the bike, was going to use 3ttt ones that were used on the later Zinns but this will be spot on

:D

Well done Rob :) I know that's a missing link you've been after for some time :-D

I have a pair of wheels with black Alesa rims off a 1989 Saracen Tufftrax, and they're no use to me as they're straight walled. Not sure of condition as I haven't ridden them - they look okay for the most part but a lot of the anodising has worn off the brake surface. How would I know if they're what you're looking for?

Back