Zinn Success.......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

thanks for the above, I think keeping it euro is the way forward. missed these ones but the vertical pro looks like a contender. I'm hoping that I can put my hands on some conti supercross',

Although I may not follow the Sach route on this (just now....) Id like to keep euro, catalogue esq. well see how that works out..... :?

Re:

the colour match is spot on so I think it was worth it getting them matched up, certainly better than the planned flexstem before the original stem was located. Theres a few minor spots to be touched up on the frame,

What the best way to prep the surface before painting? any ideas? all advice welcome

Re:

Great stuff. Well done on finding a stem and the colour matching looks great.

Wasn't the Success called a Success because it came with the Sachs New Success components?

Word of advice on the decals. I drew and supplied the artwork to Gil for the decals but they were for my Centaur. I think, looking at the individual models, they were all slightly different. You might want to darken the grey dots on the artwork I supplied to Gil so it matches your frame...

Can't wait to see it back on the trails!

Re: Re:

Giom6":vbnb13l0 said:
Great stuff. Well done on finding a stem and the colour matching looks great.

Wasn't the Success called a Success because it came with the Sachs New Success components?

Word of advice on the decals. I drew and supplied the artwork to Gil for the decals but they were for my Centaur. I think, looking at the individual models, they were all slightly different. You might want to darken the grey dots on the artwork I supplied to Gil so it matches your frame...

Can't wait to see it back on the trails!

thanks for the heads up on the decals. the components on this I believe were Sachs new success. checking over the past few months some parts are available and do crop up but a couple are more challenging to source. Until I can locate a couple of the more difficult options Im going with some parts I already have and some that I have come by recently. My thoughts are keeping this Euro spec and going with a campy build. but.... for a bit of a change I was looking at using the centaur/Euclid graphite items as I think they may work well with the jade green.

Re:

Taken from sinnermans thread the 1991/1992 range with the success:

file.php

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156265&start=30

interestingly the green zinn from the 1990 catalogue seems to have campy componets

file.php
file.php

Latest posts

Back