Cheap e-stay frame, very yellow!

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Might be tempting for some folk on here, low start price + XT pedals too..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Quite nice frames and quite tough.
These BE BOSS are generic-ish, sold to the fat tubed hype at the time.

Came with high end groupset incl XTR.

Became the buy and grab the parts bike of the time.

that is so tempting and its not far away from me either. prob difficult to get it back to its original spec though.
Actually they’re not that hard to take back to spec.

The main challenge would be sourcing the complete XT or XTR group set (including XT pedals) that these came with. You could buy a complete one of these BITD for less than buying the Shimano gear separately at retail, hence why so many got stripped!

so was this bike really a rubbish frame and design but with a top spec groupset fitted to make them sell ?

i havent seen or heard of this one before but the frame shape looks interesting.

so was this bike really a rubbish frame and design but with a top spec groupset fitted to make them sell ?

i havent seen or heard of this one before but the frame shape looks interesting.
Yes and no, tough as hell. My mate used to do drop off and jump on this and it didn't have a problem, as well as ride it.

Who knows how they managed to sell them 'cheap' you could find them in catalogue shops (littlewoods etc iirc, many as British Eagle could sell through them) and decent bike shops too, our local Specialized shop sold these.
Evolution headset by the way, so be glad it had the fork and headset.

Other parts where standard stuff, like headset, bars etc from memory, but no worsethan Kona etc, they just didn't add their own branding to them (I think).
I have one stripped of paint, hung up in that garage and way too small for me.

The stays being large, chunky and out the way from everything means you could stand on them ;-)

Wow! Thanks for the "heads-up!", Mart!
For the price, I'm very interested, but of course "May not post to United States".
Is this an invitation for me to buy it using your address? 😃
You can keep the crankset and pedals (you two-triangle-frame people and your round rings..........ugh!)
Whaddya say?
Of course. 🤙

Back