Yo Eddy for the 21st Century- update: plans for phase two.

Very nice Si. The paint and disc addition look great.

This thread brings back fond memories of my small Fat restomod project. I think I agonized over the right 'formula' for about two years before I found the perfect platform for mine. This is currently the bike I ride the most.

lav_above.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg

You did what I was unwilling to do: put a 100mm fork on a frame corrected for 63mm. I went with a 2000, 80mm SID which was a perfect match for my 1998 Saratoga-built frame. The 1 1/8 headtube was a big help as well. I'm surprised you say the quick handling remains intact with that frame and fork. Glad yours is going to see some action!

Nice job Si. you've surely put a lot of time, thought and effort into that build. Don't think the grello and red really works though ;) The colour must be truely eye-popping. Most pics of grello don't look that bright - you're grello-a-like looks a retina searer from the pics. Will be interesting to see how close if our two Yos ever meet.

Might also have expected the yo to ride a touch lazy with a 100mm fork, are you running much sag?

Well after 6 weeks off the bike and a rather self indulgent holiday scoffing Devon Cream Teas there is certainly plenty of sag :oops:

Seriously, its pretty good. I always found the standard Yo a little hyper. I tend to go for earlier bikes which do tend to have more laid back angles. i guess its what i'm used to riding. With rider aboard its around 80mm which ain't far off what the frame was originally designed around.

ameybrook":1xf9zfnz said:
Very nice Si. The paint and disc addition look great.

This thread brings back fond memories of my small Fat restomod project. I think I agonized over the right 'formula' for about two years before I found the perfect platform for mine. This is currently the bike I ride the most.

Thanks Mike for you kind approval, its much appreciated and high praise indeed.
I must admit to taking the inspiration from your Yo although it was something I had been thinking about on and off over the last 3 or 4 years.
I hope I enjoy riding this bike as much as you do. Time will tell. ;)

Si

Have to say this is a cracking looking bike. :D

Will you be brining it to the Big Dirty Weekend as it would be nice to see it in the flesh?

Thats a beauty ! Would love to have a ride and see what its like. Very cool Si :cool:

:shock: Yo CRAZY! … need some shades :cool:

top notch as always with your builds, makes me green with envy! :LOL:

only thing i find is that the fork lowers in green seems a bit much. perhaps another colour would have given it a tad more balance in look. or maybe a bit more decal on it to break up the green.

I think that is absolutely superb Si, there have been comments about the colour way not being to everyone's taste however as far as Fat Chance Yo's go I feel that they were made to be LOUD.

Excellent job.

amazing turn around, would need to ride it to really see if it still feels retro but def looks great top marks again, now get out and ride that muther!

Back