Yeti Pro FRO

Re: Re:

Double-E F":17ltlcue said:
Moreover, I have no idea how those old elastomer-stuffed forks actually behave off-road :LOL:

As I have two RS Mag21's standing around (that I know ride well), I'm now looking for a crown/steerer combo in 1 1/4", ideally ahead, to keep that option open too.

To each his own, but in my experience on several Manitou forks has not been good. 1's,2's,3's.. they'er all inferior to a Mag. If you want my honest opinion, your best bet would be a fresh performing Judy.

Re:

Little update..

Been applying some decals from Gil :cool: , but still waiting for the rest..

The FRO's slowly taking shape and I must say I'm quite enjoying it (although I regret not removing the cable guides prior to powdercoating to an increasing extent: it turns out it's not that easy to remove some of the remaining coat and polish them :oops: ).

p5pb14246277.jpg

p5pb14246282.jpg

Also eagerly awaiting bits for the cockpit: A-tacs and Taperlites; these will hopefully be arriving from Canada somewhere early next year. After that the actual building and cabling can start!

Not sure about the seat post yet, got a silver Moby Post that I'd like to use but that seems to be a bit on the wide side diameter-wise. Saddle's also a bit of a question: this white Turbo with patina or a vgc black Flite.
Will have sufficient time to sort that out, as well as deciding to go for a set of (grubby) skinwalls or blackwalls, for M3's or Rock Shox..

p5pb14246306.jpg

p5pb14246311.jpg
p5pb14246297.jpg

Preliminary spec list:

Frame: Yeti Pro FRO

Fork: Answer Manitou 3 / Answer AccuTrax (white)

Headset: Chris King NoLogo 3DV
Stem: Answer A-Tac silver
Handlebar: Answer Taperlite
Grips: Yeti black

Brakes: Shimano XTR BR-M901
Brake Pads: Shimano XTR
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills 3DV

Shifters/Brake Levers: Shimano XTR STIs
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR FD-M901 28.6 bp
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR RD-M901
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT CS-M737
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Grafton Joystix 3DV
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: REAL 46/36/24
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore XT BB-UN72 (68|115)
Pedals: Shimano Deore XT PD-M737

Hub Skewers: Ringle Ti-Stix (3DV / silver)
Rims: Ritchey Vantage Comp (WCS)
Hubs: Ringle SuperduperBubba 3DV
Tyres: Blackwall Tioga XC / Skinwall IRC Mythos/Piranha

Saddle: White patina'd Turbo / VGC black Flite
Seatpost: Silver Ringle Moby Post

To be continued :D, enjoy the weekend..!

Re: Yeti FRO (what year?)

That really is beautiful. The colour was the perfect choice in my opinion and the 3dv compliments it perfectly. Dream bike!

Lovely bike buddy. I'd definitely stick with the white Turbo and go Manitou 1's if you can find some.

Why not carefully drill the heads of the rivets off from the cable guides so you can remove them? Only issue being you may end up with the remaining bits being sat inside the top tube unless they can come out at the headtube end?

Looking very good!
Just the right amount of ano without the booster.
Personally I'd loose the bottle cage too, but I'm never a fan of those.

Re:

Canada Post is putting my patience to the test :roll: ...

p5pb14380484.jpg

p5pb14380485.jpg

Oh, and I need to have that steerer extended somewhat :LOL:

Enjoy the weekend!

:D

Latest posts

Back