Yeti Pro FRO

Re:

Back in the man cave, with a new powder coat..

p5pb14125781.jpg

The job took much longer than expected, because the frame apparently contained a large amount of oil (rust protection :? ..?) that leaked out of the frame in various places during several rounds of baking, thereby messing up the base (and later also the final) coat..
So there are some imperfections, but I don't really mind as this is going to be a rider :cool:!

Still unsure of the year of manufacture, so if any of you can help out: it's got a front mech pulley, riveted cable guides, an early rear canti bridge, single bottle cage bolts on the down tube and a serial no just below 3000..

In the process of sourcing some decals from Gil, so adding those will be next!

Re: New project: Yeti FRO

Muddy paw":2cm29po3 said:
Heres a little something to get the creative juices flowing ,,

and heres the topic if your really interested ,,

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=128761

It's my little FRO… before it went visiting Chris Herting fo becoming C26 :facepalm:
Another story… :mrgreen:

I think your Yeti FRO is between 93 to 95 for the decals and the Tange MTB tubing…

24pouces":2yovyxrc said:
It's my little FRO… before it went visiting Chris Herting fo becoming C26 :facepalm:
Another story… :mrgreen:

I think your Yeti FRO is between 93 to 95 for the decals and the Tange MTB tubing…

Now why would you do that ? and i was thinking Double-E F's Fro was a 95 model ...

Double-E F":2yovyxrc said:
Back in the man cave, with a new powder coat..

p5pb14125781.jpg

The job took much longer than expected, because the frame apparently contained a large amount of oil (rust protection :? ..?) that leaked out of the frame in various places during several rounds of baking, thereby messing up the base (and later also the final) coat..
So there are some imperfections, but I don't really mind as this is going to be a rider :cool:!

Still unsure of the year of manufacture, so if any of you can help out: it's got a front mech pulley, riveted cable guides, an early rear canti bridge, single bottle cage bolts on the down tube and a serial no just below 3000..

In the process of sourcing some decals from Gil, so adding those will be next!

Looking really good Double-E F and you didn't get that frame off Kaz by any chance did you ? ..

Muddy paw":2qg7x3ja said:
24pouces":2qg7x3ja said:

Now why would you do that ? and i was thinking Double-E F's Fro was a 95 model ...

Looking really good Double-E F and you didn't get that frame off Kaz by any chance did you ? ..

But if it's from '95, what about the canti bridge: that's clearly different than the one in the 1995 catalogue..?

I don't think I got it from a Kaz; acquired it via the Bay, not this forum.

Now since this thread is full of your purple FRO anyway :LOL: , what is the s/n on that one?

Double-E F":2jn6p3mt said:
But if it's from '95, what about the canti bridge: that's clearly different than the one in the 1995 catalogue..?

I don't think I got it from a Kaz; acquired it via the Bay, not this forum.

I said 95 as that was just my gut feeling so will be keeping my eye out on the net for any further clues on the matter and i mentioned Kaz as she has a habbit of treating the inside of the bike frames with waxoyl ..

Re: Yeti FRO (what year?)

Coming along very well. Hope to see more of it soon.
Maybe in 2 weeks ;-)

Cheers and keep up the good work
Jeroen

Re: Re:

Woody":3fulawm7 said:
What forks are going on your froject?

Great question..!

I'm not sure yet. Got Manitou 3's and 4's, but I would like to have a pair of 2's :).
Although after quickly putting some bits (with the Manitous) together on the frame, I didn't really fancy the looks of that :?
Moreover, I have no idea how those old elastomer-stuffed forks actually behave off-road :LOL:

As I have two RS Mag21's standing around (that I know ride well), I'm now looking for a crown/steerer combo in 1 1/4", ideally ahead, to keep that option open too.

So, in short: it undecided which forks will go on my F.R.O. :D

Latest posts

Back