I wonder how much Juli would have cared? :LOL:

It’s Regan build........Regan’s choice I’s reckons..yarp! ;)

Peachy!":20s0561u said:
I wonder how much Juli would have cared? :LOL:

It’s Regan build........Regan’s choice I’s reckons..yarp! ;)

Absolutely.... jeez, change the record already!

Re:

Mine are the same as Regans - if they were fitted the other way the sweep would be the wrong way andit would hurt like funk when riding

Sorry but the wrong way round decals are likely to be advertising specials so the camera shows the logo....

I have one of the Bontrager stems with the pinned Hyperlites, thats backwards, so like said above you can see the logos. Annoys the hell out of me though :LOL: all my others i face the logos to the front, same as my hub logos which is another thing people like to face backwards.

Regardless, this page needs some more pictures of the bike :D :cool:

Well that’s hopefully handelbargate over with...

When it came to chainset/cranks/chainrings, I originally wanted Bullseyes but wasn’t propared to pay the money for a clean set I saw (can’t remember if it was eBay or Facebook) but ended up regretting that since. I then bought a complete set of Bullseye cranks and BB but not until after the batch of parts coordinated by Jason Smith had been sent to DMF for fresh powder coating in dayglo yellow. Jason supplies the essential crank keeper part for me. They need to get repainted at some point when I can be bothered but until then, the second option of fitting Shimano Deore M730 was the next best and only choice I was ever going to make. I hunted for black rings to match the sets used by the Tomes and Juli at the 1990 Worlds. I ended up with two sets. I swapped the rings from one set to the other to make the best set of what I had. Clean enough for this purpose.

I also only ever considered SPDs for it. Launched before the Worlds in 1990, all the top Shimano sponsored racer had them, including my Team Yeti duo. I have a few sets, including some NOS. I’m fitting the used clean set to this, so that the shininess of the NOS pedals doesn’t detract from the other used parts. :cool: These are unscratched and spin great!

Once those were in, I could fit the correct size FD, a Ø30 Shimano Deore XT. (FD-M735) This is the second NOS FD I’ve bought for this build, the first being the wrong size. :facepalm: :LOL:

Then back onto the front end. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I wanted Manitou forks for this, just like the Worlds bikes. Those were some of the very first hand made by Doug Bradbury using different dropouts. These are later issues that came from the Durango Yeti factory with the YETI decals on the brake bridge. It’s taken a couple of knocks, Had these forks a while. They needed
a pretty thorough clean but I’be left some minute traces of Durango dirt on the crown, just for posterity! Internals are knackered, and despite having a new rebuild kit here (and a crazy long 5mm hex/Allen wrench) with new wiper seals, I’m sort of liking the fact they’re original, and because they’re not going to see any serious action, in cool with leaving them as they are.

Attachments

• Cranks x2.JPG
    Cranks x2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
  • M730 black SG M737 SPD.JPG
    M730 black SG M737 SPD.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 290
  • FD-M735 BP Ø30.JPG
    FD-M735 BP Ø30.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 290
  • Manitou clean up.jpg
    Manitou clean up.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
regan_ev":1stwicom said:
Then back onto the front end. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I wanted Manitou forks for this, just like the Worlds bikes. Those were some of the very first hand made by Doug Bradbury using different dropouts. These are later issues that came from the Durango Yeti factory with the YETI decals on the brake bridge. It’s taken a couple of knocks, Had these forks a while. They needed
a pretty thorough clean but I’be left some minute traces of Durango dirt on the crown, just for posterity! Internals are knackered, and despite having a new rebuild kit here (and a crazy long 5mm hex/Allen wrench) with new wiper seals, I’m sort of liking the fact they’re original, and because they’re not going to see any serious action, in cool with leaving them as they are.

Assuming the forks won't look like they're knackered? i.e. will retain a full travel appearance despite the duff internals.

Once A Hero":1a4fbyzb said:
regan_ev":1a4fbyzb said:

Assuming the forks won't look like they're knackered? i.e. will retain a full travel appearance despite the duff internals.

don't worry O.A.H if Reggie brings this to Mayhem my lack of empathy for patina will kick in and in the depth of night I'll commando crawl over armed with a four foot long allen key and pop in some new elastomers and plenty of Judy butter :LOL:

loving the journey your taking us on with this thread - as much as the bonkers cool build :cool:

Back