Bollox64":3k5rnnuo said:
Any reason the Taperlites are in back-to-front Regan?
Yes, Alec. They are the right way, that's why :p ;)

If the TaperLITE is readable from the front - i.e. backwards to the rider, then 3 DEGREE & EASTON® E9 would be unseen as with the bar sweep, they would be facing the ground. The is the way ANSWER designed them and this is they right way.

A much debated topic! :LOL: :LOL:

This post also seems the perfect place to post theis Onza / Team Yeti advert. Preceding the Ti Barends' introduction (just) it's a great joint advertising advert. :cool: It also shows the TaperLITEs the right way. :p And the tire weapon of choice for Team Yeti: oZa Porcupine :cool:

Attachments

• TaperLITE.JPG
    TaperLITE.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 848
  • onza ad with Porc and barends on Yeti.jpg
    onza ad with Porc and barends on Yeti.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 844
OK......but on the foto of SecondSpin's C-26 build the bars are text facing forward, but the bars sweep back...... :?

Bollox64":1bleaou2 said:
OK......but on the foto of SecondSpin's C-26 build the bars are text facing forward, but the bars sweep back...... :?
Yeah, I know - his are wrong :LOL: (You cannot see the 3/5 DEGREE or EASTON text when they're fitted facing that way, at all.)

Bollox64":bbytym5f said:
I'd fit mine the "wrong way"....my OCD just couldn't stand looking at the bike from the front otherwise :facepalm:
PACE and Renthal got it right :D
Bollox64":bbytym5f said:
I bow to your research Regan...but my OCD says no! Now get that fantastic Yeti sorted so we can drool some more :)
http://www.italian.sakura.ne.jp/sons_of ... wer_Ad.jpg
Ha, probably EVERY other bar manufacturer did it right. I know, it's a quirky thng and well done for unearthing that original advert. It really only works in that directION for such a photo/publication, but behind the bars I'm sure it's great to read what it is you're holding onto. I might not want to ride this thing (it WILL hold up despite the builders' disclaimer - I mean, Stefan and Reto are not Yeti or Easton and basically run small, one-man operations, so withthe costs involved I absolutely can't fault them saying it can't be ridden - so DON'T) but I can still stare down at the cockpit when sitting on it. Maybe I'll dress up like I'm Russ Worley or Joey Erwin in Team Yeti kit with Oakley Eyeshades and ride just 50 yards on it just to get a photo. But really, I just want to stare at the thin and maybe sit on it from time to time. :oops: :D

Re:

Juli’s C-26 :D

(Pic from The Pro’s Closet)

Attachments

• 733536D5-7819-46BF-969E-5B1AE662302B.jpeg
    733536D5-7819-46BF-969E-5B1AE662302B.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 754
Back