Yeti build thread. Not in the wrong section.

View attachment 842892
"I love the smell of filler in the morning... smells like...factory...
Some day this build's gonna end."
😍 Filler, paints, solvents, lighter fluid, cutting fluid, sanding plastics, thermoforming and injection moulding machines and many, many more are all great smells!

Don't miss...
The sheer mess that machining Rohacell foam creates and how it gets EVERYWHERE!
Coming into work in the morning and finding the job that was machining overnight came unstuck and you lose a whole day starting again
A colleague picking up a prototype and breaking it in front of you because they thought it was the really thing
Graphic designers who want to stick the branding/label on in the "right place" and f**k it up and then it becomes your problem to remove!

I'm sure I could go on!

Might put it on singletrack world if you think there would be any interest.
I'm betting there would be a helluva lot of interest. Lots of talented folk on there as shown in the 'what's the last thing you made' thread but IMO this blows them all out of the water.

Coming into work in the morning and finding the job that was machining overnight came unstuck and you lose a whole day starting again
That's 3D printing all over, except with resin prints you don't even get to see see that it has failed until the very end when an empty bed finally lifts out of the resin bath. Then you have to dismantle and clean the machine before setting it away again.
Or filament printers you open the door to a room full of plastic spaghetti.
Joy.

Last edited:
Might put it on singletrack world if you think there would be any interest.
I'm betting there would be a helluva lot of interest. Lots of talented folk on there as shown in the 'what's the last thing you made' thread but IMO this blows them all out of the water.
I assumed this would be omnipresent. It should be so we are really privileged to see this unfold (not literally) before our eyes. A genuine WTF? with every new post. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. Ludicrous!
Had a quick look at Singletrack world forum, but to be honest found it a bit confusing and kept getting adverts popping up.
Is the forum just one great big list of topics? As I said before this is the only bit of social media that I engage in, so it's possible that I just couldn't figure it out.
For what it's worth, Retrobike has sort of earned that privilege Corduroyboy. It's the nearest thing to the inside of my head that I've found on the whole internet.
I don't use facebook, twitter etc. Not for any moral or self righteous reasons, I just don't know where people find the time for all that sort of thing. I've got way too much sitting around doing nothing to be getting on with.

"...recommended meditation to cure my woes.
Beats sitting round doing nothing, I suppose."
Nigel Blackwell

Back