Yeti ARC AS with Ringlé/HED wheels

my new little one keeps me up...it's 2:35 am. I rock her in one arm and type here on retrobike with the other hand.

scant":o80ywpvn said:
they did both elastomer & risse, I believe risse still stock spares. frames were the same for both.

What would be the preference for going with either set-up? Oh, and thanks for the insight on the options,much apperciated. Also, that wheelset is pretty rare right? What type of reputation for reliability does the frame have?

the elastomer option was phased out later. the wheels are okay, the carbon is pretty much just cosmetic bonded onto the rim. hed rims come up time to time.
this era alu yeti frames the main thing to look out for is occasional cracking in the seat tower area & check for flaking powdercoat.

SouthBeach":ca828ekw said:
Do you think the bike would have gone for more if the frame was in better condition?
Hard to say, but yes, probably. And as a lot of people said, the listing was sparse on info to say the least, so overall it was poorly presented. No photos of common crack areas, no real specific details. I was willing to go to £550 on speculation, but more with specific details- and a feeling of grater overall confidence. .

I think the wheels put the price up quite a bit, shame really, I wasn't bothered about them.

The search goes on.... ;)

Back