Yet another hardtail with daft wheels; Stanton Ti Switchback

mattiamerca":3q1wpgy4 said:
wow! superlative!
will tou assemble it with the same components of your red one?

Mostly yes.

I may accidentally have bought some XTR discs for it (discounted this week at Merlin).

There'll be a few colour coding changes with stuff from the Rune (Spank Spike pedals, green grips and chainrings).

I'd like to add a King headset at some point and maybe a carbon bar but not this side of Christmas.

Re:

Very nice fella, you won't be disappointed - my Ti Slackline is still awesome. I've given it plenty of abuse and it loves it. Cleans up like new after a ride as well.

That's what I'm hoping!

I loved my little steel Slackline - it was just too small for proper riding. I'd love to get another small 853 and build it up as a play bike again.

Well it's almost done. I just need to bleed the brakes tonight and it'll be ready for its first ride tomorrow. I also need to wrap the chainstays with inner tube once I've bought a cheapy road tube to sacrifice.

Invisiframe kit fitted

c3a980e719ed63de62614d600d6ecbde_zpsbtw2y7c1.jpg

Almost ready to ride

b30e5ab311ac33b9418db3579c68ed06_zpsxsbuibfq.jpg

7b755cf69dd72b5237bd3935c889efd9_zpsysp2fsss.jpg

3f0cc86c850864ed4531ab09ad82da96_zps9my27jx9.jpg

I thnk the green seat clamp is going to get swapped for a black one too. I thnk its just a bit too much. It did have green grips to start with but they were taken off almost straight away.

Nice!

Good call on the seat clamp I reckon. I've personally never liked green ano, it always has the look of translucent spinach.

Re: Re:

stevet1":214eeojf said:
Nice! You went full bling! How'd you like those pedals? I never got on with them.

I may have got a bit carried away! I'll get some finished pics up tonight. It's a lovely bike to ride.

I like the Spank pedals. They offer a load more grip than my previous Superstar Nano's. What didn't you like about them?

Re:

They felt too flat. Felt I was relying on the pins for grip rather that being able to mould my foot around them. After these I tried Canfield crampons which are slightly convex, they felt better, able to wrap my feet around them. Now back on more conventionally shaped DMR V12's which have a nice amount of concave feeling to them. If I'd have got on with the Spanks I'd have loved to keep them though the ground clearance etc is excellent.

Back