Yes, we can have too many bikes!

This is one of those threads that makes you realise what you can get shut of....

Dave Yates 731/Pro Class/Sachs Quarz/Hope/Magura: Loyal friend with HUGE mileage. Wall-hanging unless MTB-riding friends visit and need a bike. Then I use it and they get the Pace.

Pace RC303XCAM/Hope/2008 XT: Main MTB. Usually requires a drive to get to where I want to use it.

Focus Cross Bike/7801 Dura-Ace downgraded to 9-speed: Does a bit of everything. Mostly on gravel tracks.

Gios Super Record: Hangs on the wall looking pretty.

Alan Cross Bike/Mavic: Unfinished project. Rideable but still waiting for "the last few parts". Not sure what I'll use this for.

GT Karakorum/M732 XT: Hack Bike. Use it to ride to work in the winter. I don't look after it.

Dynatech MT3/M732 XT/Dia-compe: Needs a new headset so not been out much of late. Noticed some corrosion in rear stays I'm a bit concerned about. This might be heading for scrap. Last used regularly before I got the fixie....

De Rosa EL/ 98 Record: At the moment sat on the Real Axiom trainer I have on semi-permanent loan from work. Use it when out with the missus in the summer too, or just because I feel like it.

Kuota Kharma/2007 Record: Main road bike for the summer.

Rossin Aelle fixed conversion: Use it to ride to the station or to the shops. The bike I probably sit on most times each month. Really needs a new seattube though so on the lookout for proper track frame.

Wilier Triestina/1998 Chorus. Given away to my wife. XT Flat pedals, steep short stem, narrow bars, lady saddle and "cross" brake levers. Not used as much as I'd like. But she's getting there.

Ideal frame/custom Nexus/Alfine 8spd/dynamo hub build (Work property): Station use, parked outside the house in all weathers.

On the way: Parkpre Titanium. Will build up with NOS/nearly NOS '96 kit (XTR chainset and rear mech, M737/9 XT, crossmax). If it rides better than the Pace, then the missus gets a Pace.

"Why do you need 7 bikes?"

"I don't. Who said this was about need?"

If I had a penny for every time I had that conversation, I'd probably spend the proceeds on bikes!

Back