Yes, we can have too many bikes!

no such thing as to many bikes.

I have good road - slingshot
SS speed road - used as shoping bike geared for living on the flat, mud guards, rack etc
mountain bike - Orange Clockwork
Girl Friends bike - she has yet to notice that its changed 3 times in the last year, its been a cheep steel bike, a orange C16 and is currently a GT.

Next year the slingshot will be rebuilt, the other road bike may get gears but unlikly, Italian road bike will join the collection Colnago or De Rosa. and may be a ti mountain bike.

if you spend more time buying than riding you have too many bikes

what happens if you are out for a xc jaunt when you come to a downslope of the gradientof dare i sayitdownhill :shock: do you say your goodbyes to your fellow companions who only have one or 2 bikes and start the trek back to the car ?

give your gps coordinates to your air support to drop in a long travel ?

what happens if it starts to rain while out on the summerbike :shock:

i like the irony of having a "summerbike" in the uk :LOL:

Yes, you can have too many. I do.

And I have moments when I think I'll sell a few.

But, I enjoy collecting, building, riding.......and thats what this is all about :cool:

jez-4-bikes-max":31aawnnw said:
And u get called mental.

You made the mistake of telling non-cyclists obviously.

Keep it hidden. Our secret. Those that know, understand. The 'others' will never understand, and don't need to. Just tell them they are all old and worthless if they are spotted. 15-20 year old bikes? pah, who wants them.

That´s what my friends don´t understand. My RM never rides on the mud, I usually use a normal bicycle, and the new Megamo radical is for road or easy paths. I´ve one bicycle to test some parts or to experiment Single speed or other ideas.

I'm not really sure if you can have to many bikes.

Complete
1. 08 BMC TrailFox my main trail/XC race bike
2. 09 Trek Session 88 DH race bike
3. 07 Cannondale optimo CycloCross race bike
4. 08 Cervelo SLC SL W/ Record Summer Road bike
5. 07 BMC SUperStroke All mountain bike
6. 91 Bianchi Limited (w/ 2005 Chorus kit) Winter road bike/ Commuter
7. 06 Specialized P1 Dirt Jump/ Toy
8. 93 Fat Chance Yo Eddy Retro Eye Candy but used a lot
9. 96 Kona CinderCone 1st retro build I use it to run to the store or bank
10. GT Peace 29er Short Track race bike & it looks Tit pics are coming (I had the cranks, and Disc adaptors powder coated to match the Frame and fork.)

Frame/ Projects
11. 95 Kona Explosif just painted and will be a beater Winter MTB and has a XT 739 kit waiting for it.
12. 99 Schwinn Homegrown waiting for a set of Coda magic chainrings and for me to get around to lacing up the wheels. 952 build w/ ControlTech
13. 96 Spooky Metalhead is about to go in for a powder coating w/ the newly obtained DHO fork lowers which I'm rigging up to Judy 100 uppers/ internals
14. 92 Monster Fat waiting for a clean Yo Fork and the correct XC pro Front der.
15. 98 Spooky Darkside the build and paint are still in my head but i finally got new stickers for it.
16. Cannondale Fulcrum DH I have everything for this except the moto fork.

So like I said you can never have to many bikes.

nope! sorry! you can't have too many bikes! no!no! no!! i want all of them! now! every one of them ever made!!! :LOL:

jez-4-bikes-max":3bn9x2wd said:
Yes you can have too many bikes

And u get called mental.

:LOL: "you've what!!! bought another bike????" :LOL:

Back