Y2K 'Pipmeister' Kona Kula

Cheers fellas.

Just ordered a bleed kit for the Formula CR1's. Not much pad clearance when the pistons retract. Could that be down to their age?

I've looked for piston seals and new master cylinder parts but cant find anything. Theres no leaks so hopefully a good clean and re grease will get them working nice. Already got brand new pads and rotors.

Might replace the hoses with white hose because I just installed some white Jagwire shift housing and it looks really good.

Cheers Craig. I cant wait to ride it!

(To those who have already posted this thread, I have edited my first and 3rd posts as I had been a little lazy with them by not writing much and just adding photos :facepalm: Hope you all approve :cool: )

I'm getting some RaceFace Next carbon bars next week. As I mentioned earlier I want to add a dropper post too but the seatube is 27.0mm and the smallest post I have found is 27.2mm. Might have to get the seatube reamed out :shock: . Tyres will be Rocket Rons running tubeless.

This will be the bike that gets me back in the saddle riding again after 10 years away and I cant wait! Cheers for reading :cool:

Mikey08":35666u70 said:
As I mentioned earlier I want to add a dropper post too but the seatube is 27.0mm and the smallest post I have found is 27.2mm. Might have to get the seatube reamed out :shock: .

Or, to save that nice frame you could try....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI7ti724Jx8[/youtube]

mk one":sj3uvxaa said:
Mikey08":sj3uvxaa said:
As I mentioned earlier I want to add a dropper post too but the seatube is 27.0mm and the smallest post I have found is 27.2mm. Might have to get the seatube reamed out :shock: .

Or, to save that nice frame you could try....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI7ti724Jx8[/youtube]

Thanks for that MK :)

I would prefer to do it this way. Looked at the wall thickness of the seat tube and its fairly thick and my gut feeling is that removing 0.1mm wouldn't hurt it but its a calculated risk and one not worth taking really. Instead i'll look into getting a 27.2 dropper post and find somehwere to have the post slimmed down in a lathe. I'd rather it be done this way to prevent uneven wall thickness.

My chainring arrived (Blackspire 32t)!! :D Also met a cool guy today who I bought the Raceface bars from. We had a great chat about the benefits of having a Dirt jumper and learning to ride pump tracks :cool:

Still need to shorten the rear brake hose and have a fiddle with the brakes. I got my bleed kit today and bled both brakes but they still feel a little spongy. The rear grabs really well but squeals like mad, and the front is lacking power. Gonna leave the bike upside down over night then do another bleed tomorrow maybe. Any ideas guys, I could do with some help on this??

Also on the list are new pedals and proper tyres. Getting there!

Forgot to mention. Shifting is taken care of with a Shimano Zee rear mech & shifter and a 11-36 Sram cassette. I love the short cage on the mech and its pretty light too. I was lucky and got the brakes mech and shifter from a guy for £65. Also got the cassette for only £15 which had been hardly used. Pinkbike bargains!

Attachments

• Photo0366.jpg
    Photo0366.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 789
  • Photo0372.jpg
    Photo0372.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 789
  • Photo0373.jpg
    Photo0373.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 789
Back