XTR - Old vs New

For me M900/910 is perfect for the era, like the bikes its suited to though, its outdated compared to modern parts. And like said earlier, the finish is not great.

M950, especially the shifters and brake levers were a revelation when released, the levers are still seriously smooth. Again though, in context of the era.

I do wonder though, why shimano never went the sram route regarding shifting, press a button it shifts, just makes more sense to me. I think the new electronic shifting is more like that though, not had the chance, or money, to try that yet though :roll: :LOL:

Mark

Re:

What does it for me with M950 is how its stood the test of time,even almost 25 years later you could turn up to a race and be competitive with it as the shifting and braking is so good.It wouldnt look too out of place either as it was so ahead of its time.All the hallmarks of a classic I feel.M900 on the other hand,although it looks nice,looks ancient and it certainly wouldnt be in any way competitive today.I always thought the bar was well and truly raised when M950 was released in late 95.

Back