XTR M950 BB question..

Like setting hub cones, it's very easy to overtighten the cups of the M950 BB and wear the bearings out. AS above M95* are Octalink V1, shimano 105 (5500) and dura ace are the same, but aren't available in the same lengths as the original M950 BB.

Ps) I have a 50 mile 105 BB 68/109 available for £25 posted. The middle ring of my (gifted) cranks is incredibly worn & I can't find a replacement so the whole lot is not a lot of F'ing good.

Pps) When refitting the cranks take the dust covers out as it's very easy to not engage the splines.

Ppps) See my thread here compiling all I can find out about M95* cranks & BB's viewtopic.php?f=1&t=252065&hilit=octalink

Excellent thank you both

I managed to get a couple of 2.5mm spacers from my local bike shop this morning but I got blank looks when asking for 1mm spacers to suit my e-type mech side

Any ideas with hyperlinks where to get 1mm spacers appreciated

Thanks

Aluminium Ohhh":1ljekhms said:
Excellent thank you both

I managed to get a couple of 2.5mm spacers from my local bike shop this morning but I got blank looks when asking for 1mm spacers to suit my e-type mech side

Any ideas with hyperlinks where to get 1mm spacers appreciated

Thanks

According to the details above the e-type either uses none (73/116) or just one 2.5mm spacer (68/113)

Ahh yes from ze german diagram above I can see for my 68mm shell I require no spacer on 'rechts' and 1No. 2.5mm spacer on 'links'
Links being nothing to do with chain means left

Thanks again

Back