XT M739 v STX RC V Brakes ?

I don´t like the system to adjust the brake pads. They don´t feel like the XT (probably because the brake pads are quite different or something like that, or the brake levers etc all in all STX RC was not as good as the XT). But if you find the M600 or LX, they are near the same as the XT but without the paralelogram. Nice quiality, not plastic in some places etc And they are cheap.

View attachment 625253
they are great. With servo wave action levers, really good choice value/price wise. I have them on many bikes, can't complain. I like it's robust and simple.
Another good set i have is Avid arch rival 50. They are just perfect. But wind is whistling through those holes and it's really annoying.
Should we start a v brake comparison thread just like the one for cantis?

STX just don't look good. and the lever are pants (don't feel nice)
Go XT, the lever have a nice click when the 'servo-wave' kicks in, that is if you've not wimped out and left the blocks in. A bit of servicing and shimming get the wobbly XT callipers back up to scratch.

they are great. With servo wave action levers, really good choice value/price wise. I have them on many bikes, can't complain. I like it's robust and simple.
Another good set i have is Avid arch rival 50. They are just perfect. But wind is whistling through those holes and it's really annoying.
Should we start a v brake comparison thread just like the one for cantis?
Arch rival 50 and 40 is what I have in my new Tox 🙂
👍
In this photo as they arrived. I dissasembed complety, cleaned, oiled, put new screws, new brake pads etc and now looks quite nice.

1-jpeg.598905

Arch rival 50 and 40 is what I have in my new Tox 🙂
👍
In this photo as they arrived. I dissasembed complety, cleaned, oiled, put new screws, new brake pads etc and now looks quite nice.

1-jpeg.598905
Interesting how different the 40 is.

The 5.0 has a much better finish in the arms and arch. It is worth to go with the 5.0 but mine was rear and front so not choice. It is like the LX and XT. The 5.0 was close to the SD7 in the arms and the 4.0 was a SD5 with an arch.

Back