Xizang 97 ... update 14.02.15

Re: Xizang 97 ... update no.3 ... Cranks land

Thanks for the comments ;-) I'm really enjoying this build although, I'm having to force myself to be patient

Re: Xizang 97 ... update no.3 ... Cranks land

dear god that is beautiful. so impressed with that build. love the gold highlights.

the only thing, and this is a minor detail, would be the stem. just seems a little out of place with all the tubes. anyway, like I said, minor.

Re: Xizang 97 ... update no.3.1 ... hub swap out

Not a lot of progress but found a set of GT Hadley hubs ... dropped the wheels at my LBS today to swop the hubs round ... will post new pics when they come back ;-)

DSCF8325.jpg

It's been a while since I posted ... but, I've a few updates to report ...

I've been hunting for GT components for the build to go with the GT hadley hubs and have found GT, bars seat post and seatpost clamp ... the hubs has also been built up on the 517 ceramic rims ;-) and I've swopped the avid brake levers out for proshift levers.

I've a Proshift rear mech to fit and am now on the look out for a black Proshift front mech and v brakes ... so if anyone has any?

DSCF9841.jpg

DSCF9845.jpg

DSCF9832.jpg

DSCF9851.jpg

DSCF9854.jpg

DSCF9856.jpg

The Xizang, it came from the GT's SkunkWorks lab that they had in Longmont, CO. That was the pinnacle of the bike, basically equivalent to the Zaskar LE but it was produced in titanium. Very nice bike you have there. I am a Ti freak and this is one I don't have :cry:

Back