X-lite chicken stix - running v brakes?

CAS

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All,

Considering the x-lite chicken stix levers that ededwards has for sale at the moment. Problem is they are meant for cantis and I want them for v brakes.

It's been suggested that you can run v brakes with these levers. Does anyone know for certain if you can do this? -They do look nice but would like to know before I part with the necessary.

Thanks in advance

Carol

they were pre V-brake and need a widget like a travel agent or similar to get the extra cable pull required.

If you fit them as they are, they will be very spongy and not very nice...

17964_1_qbp_travel-agent_v-b.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Travel-Agent-Pull ... 1261wt_939

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Agreed,
but at the time they were promoted as able to pull enough cable to operate Vs. It was the magazine journo types as opposed to X-Lite themselves who made the claim, so......

I used them with the original parallelogram XT V's and thought they were great. Bags of power and not too mushy, I remember them as a great leap from the XTR canti's they replaced.

Had to keep the wheels nice and true though, as I had them set quite close to the rim to get the best feel.

phill77":2roup383 said:
I used them with the original parallelogram XT V's and thought they were great. Bags of power and not too mushy, I remember them as a great leap from the XTR canti's they replaced.

Had to keep the wheels nice and true though, as I had them set quite close to the rim to get the best feel.

So maybe worth a go then?

I ran them with XT v-brakes when they first came out. There was some improvement in braking power over the cantis they replaced but they did feel very spongy at the lever.
Big improvement when I'd saved up for XT levers though.
TBH I'd not recommend Chicken Stix for use with v-brakes. I never tried them with a 'travel agent' though so that might be worth a try.

They do work very well with cantis though.

I've tried them with XTR V's. Wasn't impressed with the feel. Mushy and the power arrived at the end of the stroke when the levers were nearly at the bars.

Latest posts

Back