Wtd:Stratos StrataPro Service/Replacement Shock for OrangeX1

coupke

Retro Newbie
Hi all, first post so sorry if it's in the wrong forum or whatever.

I have a Stratos Strata Pro air/oil shock that has worked great for years but randomly locks out when extended making for an interesting ride...

The bike is an Orange X1, 16" blue front, red rear (rear is an X2 rear Orange sent me cos kept breaking bolts in the X1 rear).

I hadn't used the bike for a few years - the steer tube snapped on me going down a fast road hill, and not long after the single ring AC Crank/ring setup I had snapped!

But, as I was ready to chuck it out completely, my dad took it on himself to completely repair it back to it's former glory (quite emotional, its 10 years old, I worked at 2 quid an hour as a kid to buy about 1800-2000 for bike and parts for racing and jumping... my dad was secretly repairing it for my birthday...)
All done now apart from the rear shock - I get online to find Stratos have disappeared.

I doubt anyone can service them now, but I am willing to pay - if not I am willing to do it myself if anyone has any info to share on it.

I am definately after a working Strata Pro to go in its place whilst this one is being sorted - would be good to have a spare anyway.

I am interested in trying a shock with longer travel at some point as I also want to play with putting longer travel forks on the front. Would need advice for this on the rear shock though.

I can't wait to get back on it :S It doesn't have the original 'Dude' seat which gave it magical anti-gravity powers but 2.6 tyres etc. on it looks nimble yet meaty :D

Photos later, any help greatly appreciated!

Mine came with the remote ock out Stratashock (which I still have but am keeping - sorry!), however recently retro-fitted a Noleen NR-4 which I had hanging around. It is longer, but seems to work really well, so don't be afraid to experiment unless you want to keep it to original spec. Could get some photos if you need.

My dad went out and got a Manitou Swinger 3way from a local shop. Dunno if they`re sposed to be any good or not but it rides very nicely! I don`t have the on-the-fly lockout the Strata Pro had, but it works so thats awesome for me.

Just getting used to riding it again.

Thanks for your response, it gave us the push to give it a whirl and it seems to have paid off.

Back