Wow I found my favorite bike of all time- on Ebay

Ace... I think learning to (sort of) play guitar (badly) is one of the best things I ever did.

Just got a ukelele too... Seven nation army on a ukelele is comedy!!

Funny that, i've been looking at other stuff, there was an Electric Mandolin player in one of my brothers previous bands, that sounded pretty awesome, he had it stuffed with pollystirene, cant remember why, better sustain i think ?, inspired me to buy an Electric Mandolin some day :)

Mandolin sounds cool... IIRC Del Amitri's Nothing Ever Happens has mandolin playing in the background, sounds ace.

jimihendrix":3sxjqyop said:
Original paint was a nightmare to get off, it was more like plastic than paint, seems to sound better with that taken off, original colour was light metalic blue with a white guard.

You can relic that thicker paint in a really cool way, although there's no chance anybody could get it right the first time. You can cool it down and freeze it to get a checked paint look. My brother and I, thirty years ago, were pioneers in guitar relicing accidentally. We left our gibson melody makers in the trunk of our car overnight on a cold New York winter night. Next morning - relics. The paint froze and checked. Relics were not cool then though.

G&L guitars (off-shoot of Fender) is offering relics with paint checking. It's actually cooler than the checking was on our melody makers, our lines were just white, so don't just freeze your guitar overnight in the car. It's not that easy.

This kind of relicing can't be done with nitro paint, it's too thin. I think these look incredibly accurate.

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

scant":1nhayg7p said:
how this thread has stayed in mtb chat for so long is a mystery :LOL:

I thing something may have been mentioned about a bike at some point, it has gone very slighly off topic :LOL:

Anyhooo, i did read about sticking the body of the guitar in the freezer but the paint still seemed too thick to replicate natural wear points etc, cant remember what the new stuff is called but i bought my strat new in 05 so it's definetely not nitrocelulose.

That Tele does look cool though.

The paint on mine did develop cracks, all over the finish as the paint reacted with the wood, more like crazy paving though, doesnt show too well with my crappy camera :roll:

finish2.jpg

Also forgot to post a pic of the rear of the guitar, tried to get a balanced look, like it has been droped and kicked across 1000's of stages :LOL:

stratrear.jpg

Back