Worst Kona: 1990 Lava Dome

Re: Worst ever Kona?

So ah, no one has the catalogue then?! I think the model in question was knocked down for requiring so much finishing prior to delivery to dealers. As noted in the video link they were trying to push 4000 bikes out with two guys. I don't think that the performance of the bike (less the crappy parts in question) was an issue. Unlike the Z-Link fork!! On the Kona history page they slate it there two :LOL:

Look, everybody makes a few crap models, look at Cotic's own timeline for their titanium frames, crack, beef-up, crack, beef-up etc. Ditto the Al-Mega Alpinestars, Pace headtubes, Hope hub flanges, the list goes on. Watch the video in the link for Kona's own view on products and how they were received by the market.

SP

Back in '92 my dream bike was a black lava dome from that year with a z-link fork!
Nothing like setting your sights low eh?? :LOL:

Kona Lanai (the white and red ones) were awful to work on as they had cheap parts, but thats all.

Have the catalogue , just checked and its the lava dome

Splatter Paint":2sft7kfz said:
Brilliant, thanks. Can you snapshot the page to see thier reasons, please?

SP

No worries

Here you go

8B26840E-6239-4101-9816-99665CDBDE9F-934-0000005B4F7F6E83_zps706f93f6.jpg

...So it looks like a serious claim, but doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the bikes leaving the shop?

PurpleFrog":2r8htfjy said:
legrandefromage":2r8htfjy said:
It may just be an attempt at irony.

That was my thought too.
More like steelrony

I will get my coat :facepalm:

Looks more like the way it was put together at the factory and the fact it needed 3 hours to sort by a dealer was the reason. I'm no kona fan, the opposite tbh as I've never been wowed by them, but it doesn't seem like the final bike was terrible once sorted.

Back