Winter Project #3: 1993 Team Fat Chance Yo Eddy - FINISHED

Re: Re:

redfern1950s":3ixgcyha said:
sweet...

Very cool frame set .

I dont have many regrets, But my biggest regret to date, was selling my harlequin yo eddy back in 94 :facepalm:

A guy i worked with had a black one back in the day....., was a beautiful bike..

All the yo eddy's i ever built up for customers had ringle equipment, especially when it came to the stems.
The black yo edds look very cool with silver ringls parts , and go great with xtr...

So good score on the frame set........., i want one now :D

Seems to be lots of ringled out ones around. They are pretty cool but I've already got a couple bikes with some heavy purple anodized flair.

I don't own a black bike. Something about that basic look with skinwalls ... Classic.

Re:

I know what your saying :cool:

Will look very classy all black, with full xtr & skinwalls......, i will keep watch on the build.

Ive just found a photo of the black one i mentioned, i cant make the stem out, but if my memory serves me right, i think he had an early salsa roller-cam stem. which suited the frame perfectly..

Oh no, now im needing a yo eddy even more...., this forum :facepalm:

Re: Re:

redfern1950s":2fvfro7l said:
I know what your saying :cool:

Will look very classy all black, with full xtr & skinwalls......, i will keep watch on the build.

Ive just found a photo of the black one i mentioned, i cant make the stem out, but if my memory serves me right, i think he had an early salsa roller-cam stem. which suited the frame perfectly..

Oh no, now im needing a yo eddy even more...., this forum :facepalm:

Any pics of the harlequin one?

Re:

Hi again,

Ive searched through all my old photographs and so far have not been able to find the one and only picture i have of it..

I can give you a break down of what it was like :

The frame was that lovely green fat chance used on one side and mid blue on the other, the forks where blue at the bottom fading into green at the top.
The bike was originally fitted with rock shox painted to suit, i swapped these with my boss at the time for brand new yo eddy big forks, which where ordered direct from chris chance him self.
" i think they retailed around £300ish at the time "

Spec :

xtr gears,cantilevers,shifter/brake levers,head set & rear hub.
Blue anodized ringle zooka stem,cam twists,moby post,front buba hub & h2o cages.
Blue anodized cook bros RSR cranks with gold pace rings.
Silver answer hyperlite bars,odi grips.
Flite saddle.
xt platform pedals ( originally had xt spd's )
Mavic 231 rims, front wheel laced in the snow flake pattern.
Black ritchey wcs z max ( skin wall ).

Ive had many bikes, but this one sticks in my memory more than any other.....

The only reason i sold it, was to fund the purchase of a 1950s vw beetle, then found out about a week after selling, i could have got the money else where :facepalm:

It gets worse, with in one month of selling, the new owner rode into a wall at high speed, bending the forks all the way back and damaging the frame as well as other parts..... :(

If i find the missing photo, i will post it on here straight away... failing that, the guy who bought it should have some pics, im sure.

Now i feel even more regret......im going to have to start saving :D

Red.

Re:

I took the advice of an expert and stripped the bike completely in advance of it being powdercoated. With the thin tubing on the fat it was the safe thing to do and now there is only a limited amount of sandblasting to do.

The frame looked pretty good after a quick sand. Hopefully I extended its life another 20 years :).

Back in black soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,004
Re:

Fresh as a daisy in 48hrs. Great service from Quy in Brampton.

Just need the headset in and it should come together quickly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 962
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 962
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 962
Back